Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been to pismo? Are paddles really necessary? I ask because my buddies and I have set up a trip out there and some of my buddies are refusing to buy paddles. Well they be alright or should I force them to get them?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
yes you should force them into buying them.....the softest sand is near the beach right above the wet stuff......or just watch and laugh as they struggle constantally with getting stuck

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes you should force them into buying them.....the softest sand is near the beach right above the wet stuff......or just watch and laugh as they struggle constantally with getting stuck
I think I will just watch and laugh. Thats what they get for not buying what they need. Oh I am heading up there the 28th and the 29th if any one wants to meet up over there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They will be ok without paddles and still be able to have fun but you will be laughing when they are spinning their tires everytime they gas it!!! And you are long gone!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ride there about 3 times a month. Just air down to 2 psi. So much better with paddles. Take it slow until you get to know the area. :rockon:

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
Tell your friends this:

All of the dunes drop off going away for the Ocean. That means be very careful when heading out from the Ocean into the dunes. Its all dropoffs.... Its alot of fun coming back in though ans its endless jumps...

Paddles are highly recomended... its their weekend.. Do they really want to enjoy it? They will be kicking themselves if they dont have paddles the second they are in the sand...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
yes it sucks. it takes alot of work to ride without paddles and not get stuck. i have had to do it before when i poped a paddle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, you don't need paddles, heck 3/4 of the quads out there are running aired-down stock tires. I've been riding there for years and never needed paddles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If they wanna have fun and have to get off theur bikes to pull them out I'll have paddles and you be pulling wheelies like its nothing

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to convince him but he choses to stick with he regular tires oh well. Ill be in pismo this weekend anyone want to going I have an extra reservation if anyone wants in. It is only for saturday to sunday

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Six saw your post late but we are leaving late tomorrow like around 9 or 10 in the morning if you still want to meet up you can have the extra spot

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is Pismo the place to be this weekend? I saw a caravan of 10+ trucks w/ toy haulers headed north on the 101 on Thursday evening(in the L.A. area). A couple of them also had quads in the beds of their trucks, neither were raptors, but the guy at the front of the caravan did have huge Yamaha decals all over his toy hauler.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is Pismo the place to be this weekend? I saw a caravan of 10+ trucks w/ toy haulers headed north on the 101 on Thursday evening(in the L.A. area). A couple of them also had quads in the beds of their trucks, neither were raptors, but the guy at the front of the caravan did have huge Yamaha decals all over his toy hauler.
I guess. It was sure packed for a normal weekend.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah it was packed this weekend but dam I had a great time first time being out there and might I say well worth the trip. I think camping on the beach was the best part and being able to ride on the beach was just as good. Oh and all the dam hot chicks that were there dam I think I love Pismo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any 1 going to Pismo this weekend few of my buddys and me will be there this weekend:beerchug:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not I.. I will be there Aug 15-18 if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts