Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am mostly a duner with the big 3. Will a Hotcam stage 3, Dynatek Programmable ignition, and a +2 TB, will it smoke my stock clutch? If so will the Barnett hold up? At what point will a Lockup be necessary?

·
Registered
112 Posts
the raptor has a pretty darn good clucth from the factory but if it were me running over 75hp i would find some stiffer clutch springs and that would take care of my worries of slippage. :thumb:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm at 6-mod plus a piston and port job, no clutch issues so far. Plus I'm a fat @$$, so that can't be easy on the clutch either.:lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you running the stock swinger? if so, how does it ride?
Stock swinger, no problems. No unexpected wheelies or anything. However I'm at about 5000 feet so factor that HP loss into it too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am mostly a duner with the big 3. Will a Hotcam stage 3, Dynatek Programmable ignition, and a +2 TB, will it smoke my stock clutch? If so will the Barnett hold up? At what point will a Lockup be necessary?
You will get almost as many opinions on this as on exhaust choices :banghead:. I went with the lock-up, even though as Morgan said, many run stock clutches with no problems on big builds. My reason was that how long the clutch will last depends so much on how you use it and abuse it :eyebrow:. I talked with many big builders who mostly thought it was a good idea, if you had the $$$ to do it.....A lot of the guys said...."you`ll do now or later, so might as well do it now".......Only some opinions........Sandaddy :coolshades:

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
79 hp..Thanks to Morgan and I thought he was out of his mind when he said I should be ok with the stock clutch. Drag race every Saturday and I haven't burned one yet!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts