Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i need your help i have a raptor 700r 2009 and i put on a yoshimura full exhaust a dynojet programmer and k&n air filter, what can i add if i wish have more power on my stock engine raptor?? i'm searching for the hot cams stage 1 but i dont know if this stuff help me to have more power in my raptor thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
hello i need your help i have a raptor 700r 2009 and i put on a yoshimura full exhaust a dynojet programmer and k&n air filter, what can i add if i wish have more power on my stock engine raptor?? i'm searching for the hot cams stage 1 but i dont know if this stuff help me to have more power in my raptor thanks

Like woolfman says need more info....But, one thing you can do is stop looking for a hotcam stage 1.....That isn`t going to give you hardly anything over stock....IMHO, you would want to go with at least a stage 2 or possibly even a stage 3 or other brand/profile of cam if you have future mods in mind.

~ Sandaddy :coolshades:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
yes i go with stage 2 but its doesnt dangerous for my stock engyne
Get the hot cam stage 3, it wont hurt your engine at all.

Did you buy the power upgrades already????

do a 6 mod and you'll get about 60hp

1) exhaust
2) intake
3) efi controller
4) +3 throttle body
5) dynatek ignition
6) hot cam 3

Hit up one of the site sponsors for these products if you dont have them already

My favorite are (links below)

Home Page

www.techquadshop.com

Holeshot Designs 4 Stroke Atv Performance

·
Registered
262 Posts
Get the hot cam stage 3, it wont hurt your engine at all.

Did you buy the power upgrades already????

do a 6 mod and you'll get about 60hp

1) exhaust
2) intake
3) efi controller
4) +3 throttle body
5) dynatek ignition
6) hot cam 3

Hit up one of the site sponsors for these products if you dont have them already

My favorite are (links below)

Home Page

www.techquadshop.com

Holeshot Designs 4 Stroke Atv Performance

excuse me for correction brother... but i honestly believe that it is unlikley that you can reach 60 hp on 6 mods alone... because the list you gave is proper but was missing a couple critical things before it can make the motor power reach 60 hp...

if you dont mind my friend the list should look something like this:

1) exhaust (duals: barkers, LTE... single: sparkxx, rossier, CT)
2) intake
3) efi controller
4) +3 throttle body with slight head porting to match TB
5) dynatek ignition, programmed by HDD (high desert Dyno) speak with Daniel
6) hot cam 3
7) High Compression Piston CP 12:5

all the above is considered playing it safe... nothing serious until you start breaking into the engine like installing a stroker crank... going with big bore and having extreme port job... etc etc etc

good luck..

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
hp is all relative to what dyno u run it on......it may or may not hit 60 hp with the 6 mod....just depends on where its dyno'd ...but regardless of dyno numbers a 6 mod is a very good running bike when its tuned properly :thumb:

·
Registered
386 Posts
What is wrong with these dynos? They all read differently? Someone isnt setting things up correctly. A few of these guys have some really nice dynos and they never talk about their numbers being far off from eachother.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
yep....you will probably never see two different dynos reading exactly the same...Just too many factors that play into it. Not to mention every quad is different as well

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1 The same dyno on the same bike three days in a row will give you three different dyno numbers. If everything is not exactly the same, air temp, humidity, ect. Just the weather will affect your numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts