Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, New Guy here...
I've been reading the forums for a while now and thought I should join in! I have an 03' Raptor 660 that has been worked a little before I bought it. It has a set of hot cams in it, a slip on fmf muffler and no air box lid. When I bought it the starter solenoid was bad and I killed 2 more till I wired it with a ford style solenoid. That issue got resolved. The issue I am having now is it backfires every now and then at idle but backfires bad when off the throttle and going down a hill. (when using the motor to slow you down). Could the idle screw be off or maybe jetting be wrong. I do have to say that it runs awesome and has a very snappy response when hitting the throttle. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Welcome to the forum :beerchug:

Your jetting is probably off...check your plug to see what color the tip is...If it's white it's lean (need to adjust , if it's black it's rich....some of the 660 guys can probably jump in here to help you out on specifics for jetting though. :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
sounds like you need larger pilot jets. if the previous owner didnt mess with the jetting i would go ahead and rejet completely.

·
Registered
118 Posts
ya i 2nd bdc on that VITOS jet kit, i have one they are great. they give you everything you need including new needles and better mixture screws. good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.