Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres what happen..The 1st time the light came on i was on a incline and when i shut it down it went out..Rode that day no problems.

Came home washed her no worries.The next weekend a friend and i where practicing at a mx track it was really hot that day and again the light came on..Let it cool rode again light came on again.So i figured the fan was the problem.Sure enough the fan was bad.I took it to work and got it apart.It was full of dirt and the hose yamaha attched to it was routed up so every time i hit water or washed it it ran into the fan motor.I did a some what rebuild and put the fan back together reroute the hose.I let the fan run on the bench for a hour and no problems..Ok we go out riding and now the fan works and no light but now im getting some antifreeze from the coolant bottle.Heres the catch,the radiator is full and the collant bottle looks like it my have lost a ounce or so.I do know this it has to be coming from the coolant bottle because the hose is wet on the end...I have no white exhaust smoke,it runs really good I dont see any air bubbles in coolant bottle..Anyone have any ideas what it could be?Is it possible it can splash and run out? Just need to figure it out before going out of town next weekend..

·
Registered
305 Posts
man i had a problem similar but i had a little hose right by the back brake lever that was spitting out coolant get on some concrete and make sure you aren't leaking

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea its not leaking i checked for that...I think im going to check the therostat and see if its working...Thanks for the reply though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
is the light coming back on when you think you are losing the 1 oz or not if not you probably just need to top off the radiator after letting it run for 5 seconds that will insure that the tubes/everywhere the antifreeze runs is full then it should pull from the res

1 - 4 of 4 Posts