Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Power Commander III

The POWER COMMANDER III USB is a product of DYNOJET, a large company mainly known for its dynamometers.... they also make and supply a wide variety of other products for consumer use.

The PC3 as we like to call them is far superior to the other fuel controllers for the following reasons:

GREAT QUALITY, SIMPLE INSTALLATION WITH GREAT TECH SUPPORT WHEN NEEDED!!!

It allows the user to ADD or SUBTRACT fuel from the vehicles stock fuel map.

It uses a TPS sensor to monitor throttle input.

It has the ability to adjust fuel requirements on very small increments down to 100 rpm per section and also on a large scale with the three face buttons.

It has the ability to adjust fuel requirements for each throttle position, 0% 2%,5% 10% 20% 40% 50% and so on....NOT JUST WIDE OPEN.....especially important when adding a big cam. These can also be switched to advances settings for even smaller adjustments.

It has endless adjustability....enough to max out a stock injector.

It uses a feature called ACCEL PUMP UTILITY which allows the user to dial in how much % of fuel change is given when the throttle is STABBED much like the accelerator pump on a CARB....eliminate hesitation or hiccups.

It is expandable with the POER COMMANDER HUB for use with QUICK SHIFTER, DUAL MAP SWITCH, IGNITION, BOOST PRESSURE INPUT, N20 solenoid activation, SHIFT LIGHT OUTPUT and many others that I don’t even know about.

Maps can be traded and downloaded off their site. This is a great feature but do to different year manufacturing differences and for best performance every bike should be tuned itself.

DYNO JET TESTS AND RETESTS THEIR PRODUCTS ON BIKES IN THEIR OWN FACILITY ON THEIR OWN DYNO.

DOBECK, DMC<BIG GUN>MOTOWORKS>TRINITY>and many others
depending on which sticker they put on it...

The DOBECK EFI controller is well know and sold on a large scale thru a lot of different aftermarket pipe and performance kit manufactures with the simple change of a sticker.....

The quality of these controller are sub par, with POOR cosmetic looks and flimsy housings that will not stand up to the abuse given by most riders, their connectors are cheap feeling and need persuasion for proper fitment.

The dobeck controller, uses 4 trim pots or 5 face buttons for adjustments and are limited to only ADDING fuel.

It does not use a TPS input....and is limited to only adjusting the fuel cure to 100% throttle and calculates the rest of the fuel map based of the programmed percentage of added fuel on top of the factory stock map.

These units work best in an ALL OUT DRAG BIKE which will never see the trails (if you are able to get enough fuel delivery from them) or a lightly modified 3 to 5 mod bike, with acceptable but not great throttle response and rideability....

There is no expandability and customer support is VERY POOR.

NOW WHY ARE YOU STILL USING A DOBECK?
For the small difference in price, why would anyone buy one?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Cause I still have one :D

Mine works good, and I've set Dobeck's up on other bikes, as well as PcIII's.... I don't know if I would go as far as flimsy and bad connectors, I've never had a problem.... BUT I did learn that they do not hold up well when they are against the header :D I'll find a pic lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
i would have a pc3 but i heard to get a right map you have to get your quad dyno'd and all this bs so until i start school next yr for powermechanics where they gotta dyno im no gettin one

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts
I have had no problems with my dobeck gen2 "mounted in air box with proTec lid". Really there are a shit load of trail riders out there that just will never need to do more then a 3-5 mod bike. For me it was at the time $170 for the dobeck or $320 for the pc3. Knowing i would stop at 3 to 4 mod bike i got the dobeck.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Wow, tough crowd lol.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all of them are DOBECK owners lol............
its ok guys, now that u know better u can help someone else not make the same mistake

·
Registered
840 Posts
na im perfectly happy with my dobech cuz with a pc3 you get to take a special day to take your raptor to the dyno and pay a pretty penny for it which i kno DL dont have to experince cuz he owns one lol

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT, but is recommended to dyno your bike...and the horror stories u read are from people who have not taken the time to try different maps or install their powercommander correctly .....the same thing applies to the dobeck....yes your bike will run,,,but how well....

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT, but is recommended to dyno your bike...and the horror stories u read are from people who have not taken the time to try different maps or install their powercommander correctly .....the same thing applies to the dobeck....yes your bike will run,,,but how well....
And how lean??

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have no problem taking mine to the dyno after everytime I mod, it always yields extra horsepower, even from the best guys that can tune by ear. My buddy Kiel can tune a bike as good as you can get one without a dyno according to our dyno guy, but he always gets a better curve and more horsepower in the end. I look at it this way, if you're willing to spend the time and money to install a cam that may be a couple of horsepower more than your last cam (I'm on my 3rd aftermarket cam), why wouldn't you spend the dyno time for a couple more on top of that? If I'm going to spend the dough, I want every single horsepower I can get. And my bike has never fouled a plug, never ever spit or spuddered, it's always ran spot on everywhere it's ever been ridden, literally from around sea level to well over 13000 feet. We have alot of the exact same builds around here too and I've always outran the same build that had a map off of someone elses bike or off of the website. Rant over, I'm obviously a big fan of the Dynojet and the pc3, lol.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
pc3 all the way.. yeah a dyno will cost you some money.. i have yet to put mine on the dyno.. just get it close untill you can afford to put it on the dyno.. i have had my pc3 for a while now and i'm still on the stock plug.. never had any problems with it.. plus if you get dobeck you will end up selling it for a pc3 so might as well get the pc3 in the first place and save yourself some money..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Well I will throw a wrench into the thread here. I have a Dynatek and I hear the dobeck doesn't have as much adjustment on it as the dynatek unit does. So far I really like my dynatek, some people say I will never get it to tune correctly after I put in my HC3 but we'll see DL!

·
Registered
840 Posts
if you have a way to a dyno and the money to dyno plus the pc3 i'd definately go for it to but im 16 dont have a license or vehicle and dont got much for money so i got the good old dobech

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
if you have a way to a dyno and the money to dyno plus the pc3 i'd definately go for it to but im 16 dont have a license or vehicle and dont got much for money so i got the good old dobech
don't blame you there..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well I will throw a wrench into the thread here. I have a Dynatek and I hear the dobeck doesn't have as much adjustment on it as the dynatek unit does. So far I really like my dynatek, some people say I will never get it to tune correctly after I put in my HC3 but we'll see DL!
Well KBR seems to think that the Dynatek works just fine with a HC3, and has dyno charts to back it up.:thumb:

I will say this on the dobeck vs. pc3 thing, when I got my bike it had a dobeck controller on it, it ran OK for a 3 mod bike. But when it got cold out, it ran like caca, I had to fiddle around with the dobeck settings just to get it to run. I swapped to the pc3 in january, no issues with the cold at all. My opinion is that the dobeck seems to override the stock ecu's self adjusting ability, I could be full of st!t on this, it wouldn't be the first time. But that is how it seemed to me.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well KBR seems to think that the Dynatek works just fine with a HC3, and has dyno charts to back it up.:thumb:

I will say this on the doeack vs. pc3 thing, when I got my bike it had a dobeck controller on it, it ran OK for a 3 mod bike. But when it got cold out, it ran like caca, I had to fiddle around with the dobeck settings just to get it to run. I swapped to the pc3 in january, no issues with the cold at all. My opinion is that the dobeck seems to override the stock ecu's self adjusting ability, I could be full of st!t on this, it wouldn't be the first time. But that is how it seemed to me.
i also have read the posts from KBR and do not discredit them in any way....
but i would like get one or have them try to try to tune it at 40% or 30% throttle to see if the dynatek will do it....

·
Registered
358 Posts
but i would like get one or have them try to try to tune it at 40% or 30% throttle to dee if the dynatek will do it....
I still would go PC3 first, dynatek second, and dobeck a distant third. If there wasn't the community support for the PC3, with the map sharing and such, I might put the dynatek first.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
but i would like get one or have them try to try to tune it at 40% or 30% throttle to dee if the dynatek will do it....
Who the F*#K is riding around at 40% or 30% I go 110% all the time LOL.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts