Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a pro design pro flow foam air filter kit. Now for the big question is do I need to make any changes to run this foam filter with the lid on or not ? I'm just replacing my stock foam filter with the pro design adapter and foam filter so will I need to make any adjustments or changes ? Thank You for all replies.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ya i had to change mine with my curtis sparks setup. Do you already have a pipe and fuel contorler if you have both then i would say you will be alright if you had a good map in it and if your just all stock putting it on it wouldnt effect enough to run it really lean. If you have a pipe and no controler than i would look into getting a fuel controler to take advatage of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Johnny I had read that but that is with the K/N gauze style filter. I was going to switch out my stock foam filter for a pro designs foam filter so I didn't know if I would need to remapped or not. So you are saying it will be lean ?

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
Don,
Renee from Instigator Racing just called me and told me that my Pro Design wK&N Filter came in today... maybe yours also came in... you might want to give Instigator a call!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ordered a pro design pro flow foam air filter kit. Now for the big question is do I need to make any changes to run this foam filter with the lid on or not ? I'm just replacing my stock foam filter with the pro design adapter and foam filter so will I need to make any adjustments or changes ? Thank You for all replies.
just a quick question...what made you decide to go to another foam filter for an aftermarket choice...? curious...?:thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a quick question...what made you decide to go to another foam filter for an aftermarket choice...? curious...?:thumb:
The reason I wanted another foam filter for a aftermarket choice was that foam filters better. I ride lots of dirt, dust, mud and water wich K/N type filters don't filter as well. My stock foam filter was ripped on the front face of it because someone put it in wrong and it got tore on the rivits in the air box wich I noticed when I cleaned my air filter the first time. I like the way the pro design system works as compaired to the stock set up also.

·
Registered
263 Posts
icic...in my experience the K&N style filters are much more durable and have superior filtering abilities....but to each their own...i run the velocity intake...its similar to a K&N an when i tromp the throttle you can really hear the filter suck in the air...plus I use an outerwear filter also...

·
Registered
112 Posts
any kind of dusty conditions gets a good oiled foam filter. Foam filters about 5 times better than a guaze and because it is a smooth surface unlike the pleated ribbed surface of the gauze its less likely to suck in water if you run no air box lid. If it didnt come with a outerwear, get on there website and have them custom make one its cheap and keeps alot of dirt and water off the foam since the raptor air box is so shallow with an aftermarket filter setup. And even if you were to try foam compared to best case senerio no filter at all on the dyno, it makes almost no diffrence like .4 hp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts