Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how others have protected the wires located by the left hand header pipe.

I wrapped them with heavy aluminum tape and and tie strapped them as far away from the pipe as possible.

Haven't had a chance to ride since the install of the big 3, can't wait to feel the power.

·
Super Moderator
5,646 Posts
When I installed them, Tim just grabbed the rubber grommet coming out of the case with the wires coming out of it and turned it by hand toward the back of the bike. It has worked fine..

·
Registered
24 Posts
you should be fine with what you have done you just might want to check them every now and then to make sure they have not vibrated lose or anything....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vader, I see your pipes have darkened from the heat. To bad they don't stay shiney like when you put them on. I guess I better take some pics before I run them.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
If you ever want to clean them up take some scotchbrite to them it will make them look like new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
tbarker I'll definetly give it a try ( the scotchbrite ).... bye the way i'll be looking into those new pipes,.....I'm going to go big here soon and I mean bigggg... thanks for the tips Tim. oh and even dirty and dark barkers are the shit lol...

rutcutter, I'm going to start taking pic's right after install for now on.. lol ..... everything looks better new.. lol

( revised post -- was pretty loaded when i posted last night lol ..)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts