Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Changing the factory plug wire to an accel wire has proven hp gains, check it out...

LOOK AT THE CURSOR LINE>>>NOT the peak #'sPOWER was gained netween 6500 to 7000rpm
the power gained is in a better power curve and not peak hp.

after changing the plug wire the bike ran rich and had to be retuned....

·
Registered
840 Posts
dam son you been dynoin all day,if you lived by me you could make a ton of money this weekend dynoin superbikes the superbike circut is comin to the mid ohio race track which is like 5 mins from me and theres around 8000 bikes that come to our town and hang

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam son you been dynoin all day,if you lived by me you could make a ton of money this weekend dynoin superbikes the superbike circut is comin to the mid ohio race track which is like 5 mins from me and theres around 8000 bikes that come to our town and hang
i was origionally going to do street bike too, but have decided to leave them alone....too much liability and variations to keep on the up and up with ..

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
When you get time, can you check the difference from a stock plug to one of the platinum ones? I would be interested if they are worth the extra cash?

I also want to know how bad your neighbors hate you because of all the noise coming from your trailer..:lol:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you get time, can you check the difference from a stock plug to one of the platinum ones? I would be interested if they are worth the extra cash?

I also want to know how bad your neighbors hate you because of all the noise coming from your trailer..:lol:
ill get to it a little later on....PLUG #???

most of my neighbors are at work.... no complaints yet, but i try my best to keep it to a minimum :lol:

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
Ive got a buddy that has a bike dynojet and he says it can be a pain. Most bike owners are very picky about stuff they know nothing about around here I take it.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Maybe someone will know, I remember reading there was a standard platinum replacement plug people were running..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Sweet, another thing to get! Wreckless, was it the iridium tipped plug you are thinking of that people were high on?

Hey DL, you got plans to try running a different brand of sprocket and chain? I thought I remembered reading in a magazine that it was Sidewinder or someone that had a fancy chain that had claimed a couple HP gain to due next to no resistance because of their super great O-Rings that super lubed themselves? Come to WI next spring when I need to replace mine and we can do that comparison. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, another thing to get! Wreckless, was it the iridium tipped plug you are thinking of that people were high on?

Hey DL, you got plans to try running a different brand of sprocket and chain? I thought I remembered reading in a magazine that it was Sidewinder or someone that had a fancy chain that had claimed a couple HP gain to due next to no resistance because of their super great O-Rings that super lubed themselves? Come to WI next spring when I need to replace mine and we can do that comparison. :thumb:
the best comparison would be vs a new chain and sprocket....the sidewinder chains claim less rolling resistance...just too expersive to buy one of their sets to test, damn near 400$

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the green line, its not the wire that makes the difference but by removing the 10k ohm resistor in the stock spark plug boot.....any wire will work, but u do need the screw on nipple for the top of the plug.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
the best comparison would be vs a new chain and sprocket....the sidewinder chains claim less rolling resistance...just too expersive to buy one of their sets to test, damn near 400$
Ouch, that is expensive. When I win the lottery I'll buy one and send it to you for testing!:lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I believe the gain sidewinder claims is for a DS650. They use a 530 chain and sprockets which are huge and they have a 520 chain and sprocket kit for that machine. There is alot less resistant due to the rotatng mass. JMO take it for what its worth.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I would like to try this using an MSD Super Conductor spark plug wire. I run then in my drag car, truck and, anything else I can. I still don't have an iridium plug yet tho.... I need one of those too.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Why is the resistor there in the stock boot? How long does the CDI box last without it there? In other words, is this a safe, long-term mod?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i ran it on my other 700 for about a year, no problems.....i think it is put in there for R.F. interfeerence for the FCC,,,,,its not computer related....my gas compressor has the same thing

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Here is the part number for the NGK Iridium plug if anyone is interested NGK Iridium CR8EIX from NKG's website. I mined this info from another forum. Most claim smoother idle, cleaner burning, & better response. I have never tried one.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hmmm, I may not be looking at the graph right but it seems you gained .12 HP and lost .01 FT.LBS of Torque.....It just doesn't seem to be worth the extra money to me if there's nothing wrong with your current setup that is...but thanks for posting so many Dyno's....It allows people to make decisions based on "facts".:thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts