Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Odd question, I know that the tires are still 20" tall, is there any handling/performance difference between 8", 9", and 10" wheels when running Sand Stars?

-Johnny

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
yes. the smaller the rim the more hookup and the bigger the rim the better it will turn.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
sand stars are so stiff they dont flex much.......10 are the norm and wont bottom out the rims as much as the 12ers

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I am asking is because I just picked up a brand new set for $100 that are on 8" ITP wheels. My last set of paddles where on 10" wheels.

-Johnny

·
Registered
176 Posts
You got a good deal on those. I don't think you will tell much difference. You going to the cinders?

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
i run 20x11x8 sand stars like u i got a great deal. only been to the cinders once, but they seem to hook up great sand or cinders !

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
Did you go up $100 hill?
no i chickened out :banghead: but my son went all the way up on his banshee with the exact same tires :coolshades:, we bought 3 full sets front & rear for $600 w/ rims they were almost brand new

·
Registered
176 Posts
I went up $100 hill. Couldn't go straight up the middle. Had to take a line to the left. It go up then curves to the right. Go Up in 3rd and down shift to 2 about 1/4 to 1/2 way up. I am stock. This was how I did it.

Almost the top of $100 hill. Yes I made it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I hit third coming out of the whoops and shifted down to second shortly after that. If you are modded you might hold thrid longer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts