Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you have to trim your left rear plastic just above the grab bars mounting flange in order to get it to fit?:eyebrow:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well.....nevermind. I trimmed it anyway and as I was picking up the trash after I was finished I noticed that the bag had instructions in it........and yep.....it said you have to trim.:D LMAO....I guess no matter how simple something is you can save a little time by looking at everything.....:rockon:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah you have to cut the plastic away for it to fit and seat properly I cyut mine just enough for it to sit flush:beerchug:
Same here, started with a utility knife and finished with a 4 1/2 inch flap wheel.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Whats going on with companies releasing a product that you have to make room for? I had to do a little trimming on my YFZ450 because I bought a AC grab bar.
I actually bought the AC grab bar, noticed I had to cut my plastic so I sold it the same day and sent my stocker off for powdercoat.. I was not cutting my plastic for a grab bar.. :wtf:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Instructions....what are those. You mean your supposed to read them? lol

I hardly ever read instructions...a lil habit I picked up when I used to play with Transformers. Don't ya miss the days when your toys were cheap?

I used to perfectly content playing with GI Joe figures and m-80's. Tie a long string around their neck, tape the m-80 to them, light the fuse and see how far you can sling them into the air before the go BOOM.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I actually bought the AC grab bar, noticed I had to cut my plastic so I sold it the same day and sent my stocker off for powdercoat.. I was not cutting my plastic for a grab bar.. :wtf:
same here i got the pro armer looked how it fit :banghead: took it off and my stock one is back on :thumb:

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey could someone that had to trim for the pro armor post a pic of the area to be trimmed. I wanted to see what it looked like

please

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
the trimming for the Pro Armor Pro Race grab bar is really not that big of deal. If u do a smooth enough trim job u could take the grab bar off and be hard pressed to tell that it was really trimmed at all. Its in a spot where the plastics fold down in the rear. If u trim it straight across no one would be able to tell something was missing.
you dont have to notch it or anything like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts