Modded Raptors Forum banner

to cut or not to cut

• leave it alone

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • cut the fronts

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • cut both it would look gay otherwise

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • dont fuck it up (to lazy to change it to three)

Votes: 6 18.8%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok do you guys think i should cut only my front fender or will it look stupid? i am just not sure about cutting the rear, i ride all over the country and my tires throw a lot of shit up in the air

·
Registered
256 Posts
I always though cutting fenders was kind of a joke, I did it on my banshee when I rolled it and destroyed the front fenders, but that was just to clean it up, at the time I didn't even know people cut their fenders on purpose. I suppose there is less drag but to me is looks silly.

That said I do love watching the suspension articulate while riding a quad with cut fenders.

·
Registered
24 Posts
go and cut the fronts here's mine

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
me too. what all is involved in doing away with the headlights. I want to do something minor with my rears too. Bamaquad what did you do about the warning cover on the front fenders. This is throwing me off some. I know what i would do with out it there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think they look good either way.... But when you can make your tires come out way past uncut fenders with long travel, it looks sick!!!!

Frank

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm going to the shop right now and will get you some more pics. If you cut them this way it gets rid of the warning cover on the front fenders. Be back later to post up the pics.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't know if these really help but I will tell you how I did mine.

Take a stagger tape or any flexible tape and start at a point on interest in the front or back where you want to start or finish and make a mark. Roll the tape over the fender as far out as you want them to stick out and right where the fender crestens at the top make another mark where you want to cut and remember the middle point on the tape so you can get the other side the same.

Since the tape is flexible you can make round edges with the help of a couple people holding the tape while you mark the cutting line.

Use a pair of these and you will have no rough edges to cut afterward. Sheetmetal shears, come in all different sizes.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool idea, i didnt think of shears, mainly cause mine are really old and wont cut a turd let alone plastic

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
BAMA you def have the sickest cut I have seen I am def going to copy you :lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts