Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 350 rap, and we went riding over the weekend. It would start an idle perfect, and ran great until it got hot. Then it would start to sputter and cut out and eventually die. After letting it sit for a few min and cool off it would start right up and run perfect again until it got hot again. It had an excessive amount of heat comming from the motor and exhaust like it may have been running lean, But I pulled the plug and it actually looked a little rich but not bad. After replacing it with a new one it did the same thing. I tried to choke it a little to see if that might help it out and nothing worked. I was wondering if the stator would be going bad? Any body know what they are supposed to read when checking with a multimeter?

Any help will be appriciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT NEED A FRESH PISTON AND RINGS.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the rings expand when their cold giving good compression after they warm up and contract the compression is less. Also valves being to tight will cause this,but usually start hard when there warm. fuel line could be getting weak,when it gets the hot the fuel line could be collapsing starving it for fuel and making it run hotter do to slight lean condition. just a few ideas hope one helps

·
Registered
353 Posts
when the stator in my warrior went, same bike basically, it would not start at all. when it did there was no throttle response, but would stay running. i would check the fuel lines, clean out the carb and make sure all the boots are sealed good. but the readings would be in the manual. you can download a copy here. http://www.moddedraptor.com/library/raptor350servicemanual.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is quite old, but i'm totally new when it comes to atvs. I stumbled into this thread and saw the manual you attached in your comment. Does this manual apply for a 2006 350cc raptor?
have a nice day

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Fisher Yes the manual applies to your 06 350 raptor. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I have exactly the same problem on my 2006 350. The valves were tight so I loosened them. Checked the timing it was fine. Changed the spark plug. Cant figure it out. How did you fix yours? what was the problem in the end?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts