Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my old quad ('05 Raptor) I added a set of Epic +2 A-Arms and YFZ450 shocks and it made a HUGE difference. I was able to run at least a full gear faster through the trails, woops and desert. For the money and mods that you can do to your 660's, go suspension first. You can always add more power later. You will go faster with suspension on a stock bike then you will a modded bike and you will have more control and enjoy the ride better. IMO...

I had these A-Arms powder coated to match the frame from a local powder coated here in Phoenix. I thought it made my quad look like it was still had factory suspension.

We just picked up a set of used +2 A-Arms for my sons '04 Raptor that we will be installing over the next couple of weeks. I'll post some more pics when we complete it.

-Johnny

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it sits kinda low, what suspension did u get for your son?
It only sat about 1/2" - 3/4" lower then stock when I was done adjusting everything properly.

I picked up a set of Full-Flight A-Arms and tie rods for $200 from a local guy here in Phoenix that we have road with before. All of the heim-joints are in great shape and they have a life-time no questions ask warranty. Full-Flight is a local company here in Phoenix.

-Johnny

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've got a set of the H-D USA +2 arms on my bike, and WOW you really can tell a difference. Its agreed, go wider before you go with more power.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I did the same thing to my old 660 and it was the best mod I ever did to it and I had a Barker built motor! It was crazy how this mod was able to actually let me use the power I had. I could pin the throttle and just fly over the whoops and with the old stock setup I would have had to back off.. Great post JB..:thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks sweet bro :thumb:
You should really think about doing +2 a-arms on your raptor, so those TCS shocks could really work.

-Anthony

·
Registered
562 Posts
it would look goofy with my jj&a in the rear but i would like to on my wifes bike :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts