Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm having a problem! I have a 08 raptor 700r! My friend has a raptor 660r! We have raced a few times and he has beat me everytime. All he has done to his raptor is changed the sprocket, lrd exhaust and has had it jetted. I have the DMC dual exhaust, DMC EFI controller, K&N filter, EHS racing air box cover and the renthal 15t front sprocket. I can beat him on the jump but he catches me and passes me. Can someone tell me what I need to do to beat this raptor 660!!:think: I feel bad having a raptor 700r that can't beat a raptor 660r.

K&N filter
EHS racing air box cover
Renthal 15t front sprocket

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-tune your efi controller, or lose weight!:lol: Are you both running stock tires? Are you starting in second gear or first? What type of terrain are you racing on (dirt, gravel, asphault)? There are lots of factors, but really for the setups you listed, you should be beating him.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Sounds like you need to re-tune your efi controller, or lose weight!:lol: Are you both running stock tires? Are you starting in second gear or first? What type of terrain are you racing on (dirt, gravel, asphault)? There are lots of factors, but really for the setups you listed, you should be beating him.

Yeah what russ said, start with your fuel controller...Do you suspect you may be running rich? That could make you lose power...Other than that you should be annihilating him....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't weigh but 205lbs:thumb:!! He probably weighs 170lbs!! Both of us are running stock tires! We race on asphalt!! I just feel that I should walk away from him!:think:

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
I don't weigh but 205lbs:thumb:!! He probably weighs 170lbs!! Both of us are running stock tires! We race on asphalt!! I just feel that I should walk away from him!:think:
How well do you know this guy? People like to fib about their mods.. :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How well do you know this guy? People like to fib about their mods.. :lol:
I've been knowing him for about 15 years!! But he is sneaky!!

K&N filter
EHS racing air box cover
Renthal 15t front sprocket

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
yes i dont even tell all of my buddys what mods i have.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
im sneaking in a piston/cam/tb bore/dynatek on them next season. i think it will be hard to hide the long travel suspension

·
Registered
6 Posts
i agree check you efi controller the 700 likes to be a tad lean. i raced my 700 with a the butt plug out, stock filter with no air box lid, and dobec controller against my budddys 660 he had k&Ns, and full alba exhaust, and in a drag race on asphalt i pulled him by alot but in 5th gear wide open the 660 would start to pull me

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i agree check you efi controller the 700 likes to be a tad lean. i raced my 700 with a the butt plug out, stock filter with no air box lid, and dobec controller against my budddys 660 he had k&Ns, and full alba exhaust, and in a drag race on asphalt i pulled him by alot but in 5th gear wide open the 660 would start to pull me
You forgot to add you were 260lbs and he was 160lbs :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unplug your speed sens. then 5th will pull as hard as 4th, retune your controller and look for a new race...

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
How does one unplug the speed sensor?
Unplug your speed sens. then 5th will pull as hard as 4th, retune your controller and look for a new race...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yes i dont even tell all of my buddys what mods i have.
Yes you did, you told me about the pink panties that you put aroound you air filter for better flow..Or was it you put them on your head for better wind drag while riding...HELL I forget now.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
ok there is 1 of the secrets but no more

·
Registered
111 Posts
I know, The one time that I did not put my helmet on. hay but I did have my boots on...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like you need a better tune on the EFI, check your plug to see where your fuel is at. Then if you can make it a little leaner and you may try to take off in second gear.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts