Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum here, looking for some ideas/info. I have a 2014 raptor 700, intake ,exhaust, fuel programmer , and a cdi fs ignition. I'm looking for more power, I was looking into big bore kits, cranks and cams, can I run a 734 big bore kit on pump gas, with crank and cams? Or is there a cheaper way to get more power, looking to run pump gas only. If anyone knows any info on this or other ways to gain more power would be greatly appreciated , thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What kind of power are you looking for? 60's, 70's, 80's? You can run a big bore and be on pump gas, has to be a 11:1 piston. Most of your power will be made in the head and cam. Give Brandon at HPS a call. He is a vendor on here. He can get you the parts, port the head, and answer any question you have to get you what you want out of your raptor. Very good guy to talk to. Good luck with the build.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I would be happy with being in the 60s, so porting the head and cams will add some power? Would anyone recommend doing the crank with a big bore kit or is it not worth it ?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not worth doing the big bore , Only do the crank if it needs replacing. Head work , cam , piston.....Save a ton of $$$ and grief...... +1 Brandon at HPS is the man to contact he won't sell you on BS and lies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is aways worth it. It's just how much do you want. You don't need it to make 70hp. You need to contact Brandon at HPS.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the response! I would be happy with being in the 60s, so porting the head and cams will add some power? Would anyone recommend doing the crank with a big bore kit or is it not worth it ?
I agree with D7racing, 70's have been achieved on a stock bore with a good head and cam combo. You wont have the head gasket issues if you stay stock bore, taken from experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really appreciate all the help guys, now are you talking about port and polishing the head? Or buying a new head? From your guys experience what cams / head combo should i go with? and how do i contact brandon from HPS? Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes, a good ported head and cam combo is key for making power. As for the piston, it's up to you on if you want to stay on pump gas or step up to race fuel or e-85. 11.5:1 is the most compression you can run on pump gas. Along with head porting, you should at least go to a +3 throttle body. You never said what exhaust you have. Duals perform the best. As far as the head and cam, you can reach Brandon at 919-320-4145. He will help with any questions you have and can get you all the parts at a fair price.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm always right here when you need me!

Words can't express my gratitude to those who recommended me, thank you.

I would have replied sooner but my hands were buried in a 2013se 778 build, it sounds awesome and is another forum members machine, not spoil his upcoming post :)

Compression you can run on pump gas will vary buy elevation, generally 11-11.5 is safe for most I am able to run 12.5:1 on 93 octane in NC close to sea level.

Depending on your exhaust, we can get you close to 70hp pretty easy and it will make nice power through all RPM.

Feel free to call me anytime!

I will be out testing a couple of freshly built Raptor tomorrow so please leave a message or text me.

Brandon
919-320-4145

1 - 11 of 11 Posts