Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm building an all purpose raptor.it will be on trails , hills , back roads , and maybe 15 or 20 feet jumps.will jumping with factory suspension harm it?I've heard it breaks frames.also I have big three fci wit box,hmf sport full,power commander v.it is a 2009 se.where should I go from here on anything axles suspension performance or whatever.also I am n a budget.I'm a poor boy.also 1 last thing will my fci run right it wet conditions?also will it do right at all temperatures without running rich and lean?thanks,Jonathan

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
233 Posts
+2 standard travel a-arms with your SE's shocks will be nice, just need to dial them in a little (or get them rebuilt for your weight). or g-force billet spacers will work up front for now. but wider is definatly better on the raptor. 50" seems to be where its at. (most trails have a 50" limit)

i ran g-force rear hubs for 2 years then finally bend my axle a little. i have a used set for sale now. imo they are pretty decent for what they are and work great.

make sure your FCI has its outerware on and i dirlled a few holes in the bottom of my FCI box for water to drain out of.....just in case. should be fine otherwise. just dont drive through ponds.

with a proper tune/map for your mods, the EFI on the raptor should be fine in a wide range of temps. thats whats great about fuel injection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
its deff possible. you have pretty good shocks to starts i hit some decent sized jumps with my stock 07 pogos and do fine so your all good. a wider axle or a arms are always good but can be expensive. gforce makes a damn good axle for the price and is adjustable which is nice. ur fci will be fine long ass you dont take it for a swim lol. and as long as ur tune is good ur set less u go to the top of mount everest lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually found a gforce axle and front wheelspacers for sale I thought about runnin that

·
Registered
844 Posts
wheel spacers are no good, get the a arms instead

1 - 9 of 9 Posts