Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I just recently bought a Yoshimura Rs-2 slip on exhaust on my 2011 raptor 700, and was told I didn't have to remap it because its only a slip on. So now when I start it occasionally it will start sound fine for about 30 secs then die, but if I give it a rev or 2 it runs/sounds fine. took it to the desert and it ran like a bat out of hell with no problems except for the initial start up....as you can understand this is freaking me out since my bike is relatively new it only had 7 hours on it when I bought it 4 months ago but has never done this until the new exhaust. I have not tried putting the stock exhaust back on and testing it yet but plan to real quick. I've read alota different threads about this and from what i'm seeing it could be so many different things, but the main clue I can give to you guys that know far more then myself is It never happen until the new Slip-on exhaust =( so any advice or fix's will greatly help, and should I stop running it until the fix is found? Not running any other mods as of yet either, first mod was the exhaust.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Even a slip on will require a fuel controller and new fuel map just like something as simple as taking the lid off the air box makes a difference. I took the lid off my 700 after I rode it for a while and definitely could tell it was lean by spark plug and way it was running. I would suggest getting a fuel controller PC5 or MSD.

·
Administrator
5,646 Posts
I agree, the stock setup will not adjust enough to compensate for any real modification. Get a fuel controller on that bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the input! thinking I will get a PC5. Any good websites to order from? not sure rockymountain has it for raptor 700's..I called a shop they said I could unplug the battery for now and it should reset the cpu and adjust it self more to the new exhaust, I did this and it hasn't died on me yet, tested it on and off over a 5 hour period, have to test it some more 2mro, would you say running it without a fuel controller would be ok? I was planing to pick up each piece one at a time if I could between paychecks, you now budgeting =/ I got the exhaust looking at either PC5 next or K&N then pc5 not sure whats the priority at this point, my back tires are bald as hell too those need upgrading to prolly Maxxis R2's. ..plan on getting them in the next month or so..would you say its difficult to use the PC5 your self to map it? would I have to get maps from Yoshimura? again I appriciate the help guys, do my best to take in knowledge from those with more experience if I can.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Thanks alot for the input! thinking I will get a PC5. Any good websites to order from? not sure rockymountain has it for raptor 700's..I called a shop they said I could unplug the battery for now and it should reset the cpu and adjust it self more to the new exhaust, I did this and it hasn't died on me yet, tested it on and off over a 5 hour period, have to test it some more 2mro, would you say running it without a fuel controller would be ok? I was planing to pick up each piece one at a time if I could between paychecks, you now budgeting =/ I got the exhaust looking at either PC5 next or K&N then pc5 not sure whats the priority at this point, my back tires are bald as hell too those need upgrading to prolly Maxxis R2's. ..plan on getting them in the next month or so..would you say its difficult to use the PC5 your self to map it? would I have to get maps from Yoshimura? again I appriciate the help guys, do my best to take in knowledge from those with more experience if I can.
As for pc5 I would check out For Sale section on here or other raptor forums. RMATV doesn't have power commander that i know of. You can try tech quad shop, hansen performance, racers edge, Cuervo racing, eBay etc. I would wait for the controller to make sure. Better than budgeting and saving up for a $1500+ motor IMO. :(

Then get your intake....I recommend FCI. You can continue to grow into that intake, over just the K&N with adapter in the stock air box, if you do more mods down the road. (You will no matter what you think/say now :lol:)

I haven't used the PC5 but there are pre-set maps from powercommander.com that you find closest one to your mods, download it to your computer and then to PC5. So pretty easy to DIY.

As far as tires…ITP and Maxxis are HEAVY and cost wayyyy too much. Try out Ohtsu MR501. Heard they are good for trail riding, fields, river bottoms and dirt in general.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for pc5 I would check out For Sale section on here or other raptor forums. RMATV doesn't have power commander that i know of. You can try tech quad shop, hansen performance, racers edge, Cuervo racing, eBay etc. I would wait for the controller to make sure. Better than budgeting and saving up for a $1500+ motor IMO. :(

Then get your intake....I recommend FCI. You can continue to grow into that intake, over just the K&N with adapter in the stock air box, if you do more mods down the road. (You will no matter what you think/say now :lol:)

I haven't used the PC5 but there are pre-set maps from powercommander.com that you find closest one to your mods, download it to your computer and then to PC5. So pretty easy to DIY.

As far as tires…ITP and Maxxis are HEAVY and cost wayyyy too much. Try out Ohtsu MR501. Heard they are good for trail riding, fields, river bottoms and dirt in general.
Ok nice ill try some of those sites see what they have, well I can get the Pc5 this friday or at least order it, but would I be able to put back on my stock exhaust so it would run as it did b4 the yoshi? so I wouldnt have to sweat the engine getting any damage? would the bike pick back up the fact the stock exhaust is back on and work as it did b4? ;*{ Me and my brother are going out this sat to the Sanbrd trails and I wouldn't wana run it with the yoshi if its gona mess up anything, at least untill I get the pc5 in there and hopfully sovles the prob. The maxxis and the itp are rather expensive lol ill have to check those Ohtsu out, I guess I should have done a bit more research b4 buying a new exhaust, just wanted to get some definition and lil bit more kick from my bike, the stock exhaust is dead as quiet! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts