Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm picking up a tether switch ambush tires fci with box powe commander v and Phoenix exhaust insert along with a Barnett dirt digger clutch.....how will this do for dusty muddy trails?also how much speed and power will I gain?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
not sure i've heard of the eshaust insert... The fci and pcV are good parts though... Ride on bro...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure i've heard of the eshaust insert... The fci and pcV are good parts though... Ride on bro...
I was concerned that it would be to much intake for the insert all it is is a more open bigger spark arrestor.....basically a gutted pipe with a sparky.and I've heard bad things about the fci with box in dusty and dirty environments.......and I'm a trail rider so it concerns me.thanks for the input bro:beerchug:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was concerned that it would be to much intake for the insert all it is is a more open bigger spark arrestor.....basically a gutted pipe with a sparky.and I've heard bad things about the fci with box in dusty and dirty environments.......and I'm a trail rider so it concerns me.thanks for the input bro:beerchug:
The FCI in your ap is way overkill for sure. There have been reported instances of dirt making its way in the tube and many that say they have zero injestion. I suspect it's more a cleaning/maintenance issue than the filter itself.
The exhaust insert, while offering a "slight" improvement is far from optimum. I'd suggest getting a quality single to compliment your big 3 mods.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will it harm my atv doing the fci without duals or good single?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not at all Rappyboy55... Ride the hell outta that thing man....
Hell yeah man yu ever go riding at brimstone recreation hit me up bro I'll show ya some hill climbs from hell!:beerchug:

·
Registered
481 Posts
The only thing with the fci is that there is a dip around 4500 rpm in the dyno graphs but nothing a dyna tek with dl700 custom curves cannot resolve. The thing with the fci is that it's great if eventually want to go into the motor if you only want the big 3 it maybe abit of an overkill

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing with the fci is that there is a dip around 4500 rpm in the dyno graphs but nothing a dyna tek with dl700 custom curves cannot resolve. The thing with the fci is that it's great if eventually want to go into the motor if you only want the big 3 it maybe abit of an overkill
So even when I get my barkers it's gonna be a waste buying the fci?and what's this dynatek thing cost and what is it?and how do you get the curve right?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Buy a dynatek programmable ignition (a powercommander programs fuel and dynatek ignition) and send it to dl700 who will upload a custom curve that he has which should help get rid of the dip at around 4500 rpm

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh yea I got a fci, pc5, monster big bore duals right now but I'm also going to get a dyna with custom curve a +3 throttle and eventually a 11.5 piston and ported head with hd5050 cam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts