Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys this is my first post and I have a 2009 raptor 700r se.it was bought new by me three months ago and has a little under 2000 miles.the bottom end of my motor rattles horribly when I rev the motor medium to high rpms?any idea why?also I changed my oil and it had gas in it and spark plug was black but I changed it?also I ordered a fci intake with box power commander five and phoenix spark arrestor insert.will theese work together well and add power till I find some barkers or monster duals?thanks guys.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Check your skid plate.. Mine was doing the same thing and i removed skid and noise stopped so i bend the skid a little and no more rattling..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man and how do you feel about my mods I ordered?will it be too much intake for just a sparky?

·
Registered
728 Posts
You should be as long as you got the programmer and tune it properly..You will get a little power gain but nothing like when you get some duals..

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
if its been ran with gas in the oil for very long then it could very well be a bad rod bearing. gas will kill them. also if the plug is real black warm it up more before you ride it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks flee,I'm working on getting some barkers right now then going hot cams and big bore kit!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran it one ride with it like 60 miles and it's set since and I changed the spark plug and oil and it ran good for a little spin today.but that rattle is killing me.it still has great power and stuff but it scares me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks flee,I'm working on getting some barkers right now then going hot cams and big bore kit!
:thumb: you're on the right path.. Before big bore kit i would get the head ported first..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Port and polish would be a great idea lol you see I have a small job and am in high school making payments on a new quad alone.this is my first quad of my own and I want to beat my friends yfzs and such lol.when I get the extra $ that is definently gonna happen.this bike just stock has killer power for a beginner like me!

·
Registered
728 Posts
if the quad is new and you still have warranty i would return it and tell them you have gas in your oil..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is under warranty I am taking it in tm if all goes right.they will also be installing my fci pcv sparky and racing clutch(for me the stock one slips clutching high gear wheelies).thanks for the imput guys.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think if you modify your bike they void warranty..so get the problem fixed before they install your goodies..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That was what my dad said to lol but he also calls my raptor a craptor......he has an ltr and I mean I like it I don't diss other ppl bikes but I like the Rappy better.just my opinion.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That was what my dad said to lol but he also calls my raptor a craptor......he has an ltr and I mean I like it I don't diss other ppl bikes but I like the Rappy better.just my opinion.
I personally like both

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well guys with a new spark plug new oil and tightened skid plates all my problems have been fixed.thanks guys.......first performance goodies be here tm!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts