Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
very good info.....wish it was out when i bought my raptor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info!! I wish that I would have read it before I went and bought the DMC exhaust system!
K&N filter
EHS racing air box cover
Renthal 15t front sprocket

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
4 sets of duals??? :woot:

oh wait........ :eyebrow: :banghead::lol: I never got 4 sets of anything...Where did you get that??? Only one set of duals were donated. That was Tim Barkers. Every other set I had to find / beg for borrow / or already have. I really wish I got 4 sets of duals to help cover the time and expense that project took... That project wouldnt of happened without the generous donation from Tim and Rocket Factory. Funny......... I couldnt get Paul @ Monster to return my calls and I finally wound up getting ahold of a set via Mike (shredder) thru Jerry at Holeshot Designs..... How did that work out for Monsters? How many sets of pipes did they sell as a direct result of that shootout??? :coolshades: Anyone wanna guess......

That was literally 4 months in the making. I took a full day off of work, drove round trip 350 miles. Bought a sound meter and digital scale and dinner for some friends who donated their time and efforts and atvs to make it happen...:beerchug: It was worth it IMO as alot of folks got good use (and still do ) out of it.... :D

·
Registered
840 Posts
im about to get a set of dmc's but for a good deal and its better than my hmf i got now so im donw with it.hopefully it just wont be to hard to install like it says so,any tips for me on installing would be more than appreciated poundsand

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
You really gotta keep an eye on the electrical wires. With the one header crooing over, its a real tight squeeze. A little anit-seize lube on the header to mid pipe connections wont hurt. Its not that the DMCs are overly tough to install, they just were compared to the others. The Barkers and Monsters slid right together with such ease and spped, it was amazing.

The DMCS are still a great pipe if you plane to saty with just the "3 mod" setup. They actually performed a little better the the other "Big 3"... Its just when you went with a bigger setup that the DMCS really fell flat... If you have any problems along the way, just holler man...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey thatguy, I'm the one who installed and took off those dmc's you are getting. When you install them be sure the headers are not on the engine case before tightening the header bolts, if not they will melt the case. Also the header to mid pipes are very tight fit so use some antisieze or lube. Lastly the silencers are a pain in the butt! They bolt up with the grab bar so you will need a thin wall socket to get there to tighten it all down. It's not as bad as it sounds, just take your time. *Also after you install your new pipes there is a little tab/grommet in the middle of your case, you can see it easily on your left side. You need to turn it away from the exhaust, it is a little black square shaped clip that hold some wires that can get burned if not turned the other way. Sorry for the long post, just trying to help a fellow raptor owner because nobody told me all this when I installed them and every little tip or trick can help.:thumb::beerchug:

·
Registered
467 Posts
No problem.:beerchug:

·
Kuwait All Stars
234 Posts
WOW I thought the DMC's were easy....took like 15 minutes. I like em and noticed a big gain when I got them and dialed in. The factory settings were a bit off on my FC but 20 minutes of testing and changing it has never gave me a issue since.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think that Bluetrax is having a website problem as this link will not work?? Anyone know?

·
Registered
188 Posts
i cannot get the link to work either i want to see the write up!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It's been removed.....I linked it the other day only finding out afterwards that it has been removed. It's probably still around if you ask the right people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts