Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the new addition of ATVSport, and they had a big-bore shootout. I thought for sure the KTM would take it, like it has in some of the other mags. To my surprise the rapotr did it, 1st place:rockon: They said it was comfy, easy to ride, good power and, they really liked the adjustable suspension!:thumb: They didn't mention anything about the new dash, I think they had an '08 model

The Polaris 525 IRS took 2nd and then the KTM 525 took 3rd:lol: and in 4th was the TURD Honda 700xx and in dead last the Polaris 525 straight axle:lol::lol::lol: IDK about you guys but I think polaris is Canadian CRAP, but thats just an opinion of mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i am a big fan of the polairs's, they have there stupid designs just like them all but our 05 predator is a super impressive machine, the whole sae,metric, torque fasteners can get anoying fast, and the airbox is really dumb. Glad to see the raptor take top honors, would like to know if that 1.5 inch longer shock will fit on ours. Also really like the wave rotors on the se modle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Last time I checked Polaris was an all american Quad like base ball and apple pie. They make good machines just not quite the caliber of the jap machines, but not bad stuff. That said I still bought the raptor 700 and I love it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just picked up the new addition of ATVSport, and they had a big-bore shootout. I thought for sure the KTM would take it, like it has in some of the other mags. To my surprise the rapotr did it, 1st place They said it was comfy, easy to ride, good power and, they really liked the adjustable suspension! They didn't mention anything about the new dash, I think they had an '08 model

The Polaris 525 IRS took 2nd and then the KTM 525 took 3rd and in 4th was the TURD Honda 700xx and in dead last the Polaris 525 straight axle IDK about you guys but I think polaris is Canadian CRAP, but thats just an opinion of mine.

Last time I checked Polaris was an all american Quad like base ball and apple pie. They make good machines just not quite the caliber of the jap machines, but not bad stuff. That said I still bought the raptor 700 and I love it.

+1 on that Polaris is American made scrap...!!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I read that, good article. GO RAPTOR!!

Why to the "Pull your Asses" say made in Canada if they are US product? I have 3 buddies that have predators that get the thrill of eating all the shit my holeshot h-d's kick up every time we race! One of them is an anniversary edition that has a real nice fox adjustable shock on the back and another one is the troy lee edition that has nice fox shocks all the way around. I have the crappy stock 06 shocks in the front and mine is smoother on the trails.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Why to the "Pull your Asses" say made in Canada if they are US product? I have 3 buddies that have predators that get the thrill of eating all the shit my holeshot h-d's kick up every time we race! One of them is an anniversary edition that has a real nice fox adjustable shock on the back and another one is the troy lee edition that has nice fox shocks all the way around. I have the crappy stock 06 shocks in the front and mine is smoother on the trails.
Did anybody read the ATV action shootout. They if they had to choose a quad that did everything well they would choose the Outlaw IRS. Also it was faster by a half second in the drag race:rockon:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Did anybody read the ATV action shootout. They if they had to choose a quad that did everything well they would choose the Outlaw IRS. Also it was faster by a half second in the drag race:rockon:
So why did they pick the raptor #1? They said they like the suspension the best and I bet if they ditched the crappy stock raptor rear tires they'd get a better drag race time. BTW the 100 yd dash was 6.13 seconds for the raptor and 6.16 for the IRS, 3 hundredths slower.

I read this magazine at least once a day, it's the newest reader in the shitter:lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts

I cant help you there but i know for fact that polaris bikes are made in the US...thats why there speedo reads in mph ...canadian speed is measured in kmh....definately an american product tho...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had an 06 outlaw for 2 yrs and couldnt wait to dump that pos off now i got an 08 raptor and the outlaw just sits and collects dust

1 - 14 of 14 Posts