Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lubricating my chain on my 2002 raptor 660 and jacked up the rear hub and noticed the axle wobbles up and down, as though you held the middle of a pencil between your fingers and made it go up and down on each side. I tried pulling the axle left to right and it doesn't move that way at all. I am very bummed about this because I bought the ATV used and only had it on the trails about 3 hours so far. Taking it into the shop to have it looked at. I figure it should not be doing this! Thinking it needs wheel bearings, but also , could it need an axle and hub?!?!?!?! the axle doesn't look physically bent but obviously there can be a slight variation that would wack it all out. Any experience with this problem? I am out at work away from home for 2 weeks, and am also wondering if there is a grease port for the rear wheel bearings. Just got done replacing the wheel bearings on my boat trailer and that is why I started to think about it and look at it!!:wtf:

Thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Its common, your axle carrier barrings are shot. Shouldn't be a big deal unless its been ridden a lot since they went out... sadly one of my dads warriors has the same issue and I'm taking it out riding this weekend... I just replaced them in the other warrior and we had to use a grinder to get them off the axle. This one will get new bearings when I get back hopefully it doesn't chew up the carrier before I change it. I maintain my raptor but I hate maintaining my dads hooptie warriors for him because he doesn't bother.

Yours shouldn't be anything too serious especially if you've got it in the shop already
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

1 - 2 of 2 Posts