Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the winter I tore down my 660 to fix some things and add some new parts I collected over a couple months. I finally get it back together a couple of weeks ago to find that I have no rear brakes. They worked fine when I tore the bike down and while I was putting everything back together I rebuilt the caliper – new rubber boots, slider pins and piston seals + pads.
When I bleed the brakes it will push fluid (not allot of pressure) out of the bleeder but there is no clamping power on the disc.
To give you an idea of what I have done to try and solve this problem…
First I took everything apart, blew it out with air and made sure there was nothing blocking any fluid. I picked up another full brake system and changed out each part trying to get pedal after each part. First the master cylinder, then the line, then the caliper, then the reservoir – still the same problem. I then took another spare caliper I had and rebuilt it, same results.
I don’t get it and it is killing me, I am dying to ride this thing. There has to be something stupid I am missing – Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
A few things I would try. First make sure the bronze washers are between the fitting at both ends, top and bottom of the hose. Second bleed like mad man. Next follow the bleeding procedure but crack the bolt at one end of the line at a time to see if air is caught up there. I find some times the bolt at the closest end of the hose to the peddle is the problem holding a bubble of air. I hope this makes sense.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
an easy way to do it is raise the ass end of the quad until the line going from the master cyl is going upward so the bubble will travel towards the caliper. pump it like the first time you got a hold of a victoria secret mag then hold it and crack the bleeder.what actually needs to be done is bench bleeding. thats when you take it off and bleed it in a vice.

·
Registered
92 Posts
alright guys maybe you can help me out. I've got an 05' 660 that i bought a year ago. Now i dont remember if the rear brakes worked cause i dont ever use them but I'm trying to sell it now and want everything to work. When i press down on the brake pedal there is no pressure. So first i replaced the brake pads cause they were a little worn down, got them on and still no pressure so I have done anything else. What is the first thing i should do that could solve the no pressure.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
refer to my above post or you can pull off the caliper and bleed it that way. if you have ever stood your quad on end the fluid will drain out of the resevoir and you will only get air into the system. if bleeding it like crazy doesnt fix it you might need a rebuild kit for the master cylender

·
Registered
49 Posts
alright guys maybe you can help me out. I've got an 05' 660 that i bought a year ago. Now i dont remember if the rear brakes worked cause i dont ever use them but I'm trying to sell it now and want everything to work. When i press down on the brake pedal there is no pressure. So first i replaced the brake pads cause they were a little worn down, got them on and still no pressure so I have done anything else. What is the first thing i should do that could solve the no pressure.
I would try and bleed the brakes. I have a 04' raptor that I bought a couple years ago and I had to bleed the brakes because I had no pressure.

-Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts