Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I put a new hr crank, cylinder, piston in a month ago and ran good but it was smoking a lot. I had cut the oil expander ring and when I took the old rings off I saw gaps around the rings when I held up to the sun. I bought new rings and just put them in. Now when I go to start it backfires hard and loud instantly and blows the throttle body off the head.

I checked the timing chain and it was a half link behind tdc so I moved it a half link in front of tdc since I can't get perfect tdc.

I checked the valves and the intake valves had a huge gap so I adjusted to spec and the exhaust valves were in spec.

I want to figure this out but I don't want it to keep backfiring and hurt the motor.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something weird did happen the day before where I hit the starter for a few seconds and it kept cranking for 2 minutes until I could remove the negative battery cable. After 10 seconds I turned the ignition off and turned the manual kill switch but it kept cranking. I don't know if the selenoid got stuck but it probably dumped a lot of gas into the cylinder. I'm also running 93 octane pump gas due to the hr +5mm hr crank. Cylinder is stock bore stock compression.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts