Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the forum and was wondering about some good and not to pricy trail tires for my raptor. I have an 06 700r gytr. The guy i bought it off had 18s on the rear, im looking for set of rims and bigger tires for both front and rear, thanks. He had it set up for dirt track, but I'm mostly doing trail riding

·
Super Moderator
5,648 Posts
It matters the terrain you are riding, trails differ alot from place to place. My biggest concern is not buying more then you need weight wise because it steals power. The tougher the tire usually the more it weighs.

If you want the tougest tire this one is a good choice.

ITP Holeshot HD ATV Tire | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

The trails I usually ride dont really require a 6 or 8 ply tires. I usually save money and weight and go with a 2-4 ply tire like these.

Maxxis Razr MX ATV Tire | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

There is some more good info in the thread below

http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/product-reviews/13954-mx-tire.html

·
Registered
268 Posts
I bought a set of itp holeshot HD's a year ago from rockymountainatvmc.com and I LOVE them. I've been in some nasty thick mud and the only time I gut stck was when I got high centered because the ruts were way too deep. They're a 6 ply and really hold up well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My HD's hardly show wear after a year and I ride in some nasty rocky terrain and then hit the asphault up to the next trailhead. They do weigh a ton though

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've had xc holeshots and hd, now have Maxxis razr II's and for the coal region and rocky terrain here in PA, they are by far superior in my opinion. Holeshots just wore way too fast in comparison to the Maxxis.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Depends on the terrain you ride and amount of ground clearance you will need.

I run 20 in the rear and 22 up front

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you live in pa im going to guess you ride coal country and/or rocky trails.

i personally had rzr 1 4plys which tore up in no time riding at treverton and shamokin.

i switched those out to 22" rzr2 6plys on the rears & 22" gncc's up front.

not only do they withstand the coal/rocks but the ground clearence is well needed in pa, ANYWHERE you ride lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
23 in the front, i like that

hows the ride quality

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I ride in coal country and have trashed all kinds of equipment. Stay far away from Kenda kutters. They are 6ply center but 2 ply sidewalls. 5 rides later got a slice in my sidewall, So they are coming off and being replaced by rzr2's. I should have never tried something else. And I run 20 rears and 22 fronts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I ride in coal country and have trashed all kinds of equipment. Stay far away from Kenda kutters. They are 6ply center but 2 ply sidewalls. 5 rides later got a slice in my sidewall, So they are coming off and being replaced by rzr2's. I should have never tried something else. And I run 20 rears and 22 fronts
Don't listen to him :lol: I had kutters for almost 2 years and only got one hole in the tread a few months ago. I upgraded to the rzr2s hoping I would get a bit more traction since they do have a hard time on the hard dirt. I run the stock size 21 upfront and 20 in the rear and never really had any problems. I do have the GT thunder lowering link too which I think it kinda helps going over the big rocks since the swing arm isn't at such a angle where my buddy has ripped his swing arm plate off a few times and he hasn't lowered his :banghead:.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The stupid thing won't let me edit it, I wanted to add I have rzr2s up front and they have been great.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Don't listen to him :lol: I had kutters for almost 2 years and only got one hole in the tread a few months ago. I upgraded to the rzr2s hoping I would get a bit more traction since they do have a hard time on the hard dirt. I run the stock size 21 upfront and 20 in the rear and never really had any problems. I do have the GT thunder lowering link too which I think it kinda helps going over the big rocks since the swing arm isn't at such a angle where my buddy has ripped his swing arm plate off a few times and he hasn't lowered his :banghead:.
It's mainly because Scott can't ride so he is easy on tires. :lol: As us real Raptor riders want what lasts!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts