Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trail is suppose to be pretty cool... never personally been on it legally(some areas i ride cross over it)... Its govenrnment land so you have to buy a permit... cheap though...

heres a link for more info...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/recreation/ohv_rb.shtml

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live close to this area. It's a good trail. Would be a great trail if it was maintained more so. First section is very rocky but after that, everything is okay. The trail is somewhere around 80 miles (I think). It is a loop. Ends about .4 miles from where it starts.

Try to avoid the highway if possible. You will get a $75 ticket if caught on the highway or a random gravel road. This is quite seldom though.

There is one had station close by. It is at the beginning on the road called Peabody (66). Next closes gas station is towards Hyden (about 5 miles away). If you are looking for food, lodging, parts, etc., Manchester is closest. One atv shop (Rev Werx Motorsports Tel. (606)599-1727), a few fast food joints, a couple of hotels, a few gas stations, and a moderately sized Walmart.

Also, you can get a permit at the local gas station. They're open from sometime around 6-7am to 10:30 pm. You can get a 1 day, 3 day, or year (not sure)pass. I'm not sure on price but the day passes are like $5. Year is about $50.

The trail starts at a large gravel parking lot at the end of Frank bowling road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts