Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if there is an aftermarket reverse lever for a 3500 out there. or has anyone modified the stock one so its easier to use my wife hates the stock one and i cant find anything else online for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Let me know if you find one. I have been looking also. It is so frustrating with the stock one. Always seems to JAM. I seem to have to cutoff the quad, shift out of reverse then restart quad and then go...its a pain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have seen the handlebar mounted ones for other quads, but how exactly does the reverse work on the 350? Does it have anyhting to do with a cable at all?

·
Registered
36 Posts
NO its not electric or cable. Its a solid rod that activates the reverse gear. I have tried to adjust mine with very little change in the operation. Just think it is a poor design.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Its the worst reverse! It took my 2 minutes to get it back the other day:banghead:

·
Registered
131 Posts
:eyebrow:I rarely have any problems with mine.:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
The trick to the 350's reverse that I've found is to be in a forward gear when you go into reverse. When you want to get out of reverse move the lever forward and slowly let out the clutch. It should grab and move forward rather easily.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thats what i do.:thumb:

·
Registered
720 Posts
when i had my warrior i litterally had to slam mine to get it into reverse. just let out the clutch a little bit while going into reverse and it should work. thats what i have to do with my rap sometimes.

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
when i engage and disengage i let off the clutch a little and it seems to work just thought i'd let u know

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i get stuck all the time, dont waste your time getting it in neutral, i usualy can pop it into reverse no problem, but getting it out is a pain, i usualy try to pop the clutch into 1st or 2nd at the same time as shifting it out of reverse and it will click and go, but sometimes it gets stuck like when you get stuck between gears and nothing will happen like its in neutral

1 - 15 of 15 Posts