Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a bent front rim for a while and am looking at getting some hipers maybe but if somebody could give me advice on other rims that are also very nice that would be awesome and what is the usual price for two front hipers and is the stock size10x5?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they cheaper than the hipers or are they about the same and could you give me a site or something that you would happen to know that is a good place to look at getting some rims??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks are they aluminun or black or chrome or what do they look like??

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
the itp can come black or polished, the douglas are polished..

here are the douglas
http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/DWT-ULTIMATE-CONVENTIONAL-BEADLOCK-REAR-9x8-3B5N/?catalogId=101842&page=3&refine=1&srchHistoryURL=o6645n4o||parentCategoryID~264^superParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV%20Parts^subCategoryName~Tire%20and%20Wheel^subCategoryID~278

here are the itp
http://www.motosport.com/offroad/product/ITP-T9-PRO-SERIES-PROLOCK-RIM-9X8-4115-POLISHED/?catalogId=103256&page=3&refine=1&srchHistoryURL=o6645n4o||parentCategoryID~264^superParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV%20Parts^subCategoryName~Tire%20and%20Wheel^subCategoryID~278

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK thanks a lot i cant believe that the dealership is going to charge $200 for the stock front rim that i bent!!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
OK thanks a lot i cant believe that the dealership is going to charge $200 for the stock front rim that i bent!!
screw the stealership.. the internet is the only way to go.. you can get alot better stuff cheaper..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know they suck!! I have never had them do anything other than get me a new axle because it was still under the original warranty and they covered the bent axle so that was cool but my warranty is almost up now!! Do you have the ITP pro lock or the track lock rims and do you know what the difference is and if there is a warranty on one or both of them??

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i belive my itp are the track lock not 100% sure.. i havn't mounted them yet.. they are chilling in the garage waiting on powdercoat.. i don't think there is a warranty on them at all.. i know the douglas don't. but i havn't needed one and i ride hard

·
Registered
263 Posts
the hiper wheels are carbon fiber btw....a very strong wheel but pricy ...check out our sponsors here for a price!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I knew they were carbon fiber do you know anything about the hipers vs. say the itp pro lock or sport lock wheels like do you know if the itps bend easier or if the hipers gets chips out of them easier than a normal rim or any info would be good thanks!??!

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
HiPer wheels are an investment.
I have them and would not buy any other wheels... dollar for dollar, the HiPers are the best wheel... money can buy!

Pro's:
If you damage a HiPer, HiPer wheels are of a modular design. Modular means, built w/multiple pieces. If a particular piece gets broke, you simply replace that piece.

They are rated at Five(5) times stronger than their aluminum counterpart.

They are lighter than a stock wheel.

They have Six(6) different colors available for the bead lock rings, Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Green and Orange.

HiPer also have multiple bolt circle configuration: Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki
So if you originally purchase yours for a Yamaha and decide to sell you Yamaha and get a Honda, these same wheels, will fit it! Unless, you purchase a Utility!

Cons:
None that I can think, of!

Bonus Point:
HiPer wheels have an added bonus, no more struggling with tire changing... simply un-bolt the bead lock ring, slide to the tire on or off and re-tighten the bead lock ring.

Final Thoughts:
So you can see why, IMHO the HiPer wheel is the best that money can buy!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for that post seven00! Can you actually change the tire totally yourself without any tire tools i know they are bead locks but i didnt know if you could do it without any "tire" tools?!

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
Thank you for that post seven00! Can you actually change the tire totally yourself without any tire tools i know they are bead locks but i didnt know if you could do it without any "tire" tools?!
NO TIRE TOOLS, REQUIRED =]

Tire spin on rim, NEVER!

Tire air pressure, stays even!

best, Best, BEST Rim, money can buy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats awesome i think im going to get the hipers! I was planning on getting them before but then was looking for cheaper ones but my girlfriend like the way the hipers look! Does anybody have an opinion on color ill probably go with the red to mach my quad but i sort of like the black ones too!!

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
The Black is rally phucking great looking, due to the bolts that hold the bead lock on are silver... sort of like a Black Tie, event... classy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts