Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a rear set of sand stars off my 2006 700r. They are a 20x11x10 8 paddle on ITP rims. I have never used them. They came with my quad when i bought it (used). The previous owner used them once and he was new to quads and could not answer me if they were the right or wrong tire for sand. Are these things any good and what are they worth?:banghead:

·
Sponsor - UTILITY JUGS R US
347 Posts
depends on what u do. if ur a hillshooter straight paddles r better, if u just like hauling a$$ all over the dunes, for the price i don't think u can beat sand stars :banana: but there r as many opinions as there tires on this subject:thumb:

·
Registered
390 Posts
They are worth very little, please give them to me! They are arguably one of the best all around sand tires out.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would rather rip a bowl than hill shoot and I use Sand Stars. I think they are a great all around dune tire. If your going to hill shoot more than cruise the dunes get something else.

·
Registered
19 Posts
sand stars

There are alot of things to consider when trying to figure out what sand tires to buy. First off what mods are done to quad? If you have a heavily modded quad then you will need more paddles than a stock bike. Along with that, there are factors like roll out, buffing, scoop design, and wheel size(the smaller the wheel the more sidewall flex and better traction), just for example. What type of riding do you do...drags, hills, joy riding? What type of material do you ride on? There are places around where I live that have "sand dunes" that consist of finely ground up pea gravel...more abbrasive. For anyone to say yeah those are great tires for YOU, they would be speaking out of the arse unless they have riden with you and know your riding style. Those are great tires...I know I have the same set on my wife's 400ex. It has a pipe and jet kit and some suspension work done. Those tires are a little too aggressive for that set up they hook really hard ON HER QUAD. I have not yet tried them on my rappy(pc3,gytr filter and adaptor, lid off, core out). I think I am gonna have to splurge and get some haulers. I like drag racing and hills and those are my personal choice for the way I ride. I hope this helps you and it gives things to consider and research. Thanks for reading my little rant. Garrett

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys,

I am pretty much a trail riding guy, mostly in the mountains. I have not used my rappy in the sand and more then likely wont. I am bone stock (that sucks) but want to do the big 3 and i am thinking about selling them to help my fund grow for the big 3. Just trying to figure if the are worth selling and what they are worth.

·
Registered
413 Posts
if you want to sell let me know send me a pm with a price and i may buy them

·
Registered
92 Posts
i bought them for my 660 and i love em, they hook up very well.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I am pretty sure you can find them brand new with wheels for about 200-220 so for a set of used paddles in decent shape I would say 100-140 bucks would be reasonable. IMO

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
IMO Sand stars are OK, but I would prefer some skats over them. If you have skats and you can't turn in the corners and whip it around, you need to get better at riding :lol: The skats are just so much funner for hauling ass and having surprise wheelies through the dunes. BUT if you never go to the sand, I would just keep them for the one day you might, and not get skats at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts