Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to riding quads but i bought a 09 raptor 700se i have itp sand star tires on the rear but i hear people talking about skat track haulers are a better all around tire to use. But i found out they are very expensive. Im on a budget can anyone recommend a good time to use for the price or stick with what i got.

·
Administrator
5,645 Posts
What you have is fine and more durable then most Skat Trak tires. Use them and see if you are happy with them, if not then upgrade. The benefit to the Skat Trak tires is they are much lighter, and less rotating mass equals more HP to the ground. Your Raptor has plenty of power to spare for the dunes, so run what you got.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What mods do you have and where do you ride? I've got the big 3 on mine with 22" 9 paddle extremes. The last two times I rode the sand was wet and they were too much. Way too much forward bite and had a hard time avoiding trees. My buddies with stock 700s and sand stars went everywhere I did and could maneuver much easier. I also have a set of sand stars and thinking about trying them next time out.

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Where are you at?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts