Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
first off im a local in town where the burma road comes out. If you give reading anthracite 100 bucks you are an idiot. no one patrols or checks. save the money n get beer. 2nd. if you are going to come into our home and ride please dont ride like a bunch of penises and pig the area up. 3rd, when u see us locals drinking and having a fire either stop and party or keep riding. our land here is getting way out of hand with out-of-towners to the point the where the lands are close to closing like blackwood was.

·
ROTM Administrator
1,155 Posts
first off im a local in town where the burma road comes out. If you give reading anthracite 100 bucks you are an idiot. no one patrols or checks. save the money n get beer. 2nd. if you are going to come into our home and ride please dont ride like a bunch of penises and pig the area up. 3rd, when u see us locals drinking and having a fire either stop and party or keep riding. our land here is getting way out of hand with out-of-towners to the point the where the lands are close to closing like blackwood was.
I don't look at it that way, I look at it like if you give the owner of the land $100 you are a welcomed guest and if you don't than you are Trespassing on someone elses property. Oh and by the way if you get hurt their and have to get EMS involved that inturn gets the PD involved and Reading Anthracite has them cite you for Trespass. So if you can afford the quad and stuff why can't you respect the land owner who is good enough in the first place to give you the right to ride their land legal for $100

And just a F.Y.I. I have seen people cited for riding there without a permit, And you are sort of right as far as the patrols, It doesn't happen that often but the they do have patrol people and it is not a sure thing that you won't get caught.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
For me, I have no problems dishing out the $125 bucks (went up from $100) to ride the area....Just because they don't USUALLY patrol now, doesn't mean they won't start...or just close the place down because people figure if they don't patrol we can do what we want on THEIR land. And actually, they DO check....I, personally, have been stopped by RAC people twice asking to check permits....

I do agree with the don't trash up the land thing, but in my experience, it is a lot of the locals who dump their garbage on the land....the out of towners usually leave the land better than they found it... We come from down near Reading and when we set up camp, we always have to pick up trash, tires, and broken glass as well as other things... on several occassions, locals have stopped by our camp to hang out and when we've offered food or drinks, they throw the paper plates, cups, cans, bottles, etc. on the ground rather than putting them in the garbage bags that we take with us.....

so I think a large part of the problem lays closer to home than most locals want to admit.

I do agree with the don't ride like a penis part though lol :beerchug:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have ridden at the coal hole many times without a permit but would now like to purchase one because maryland closed Green Ridge ATV trails last week for good and the coal hole is now the best, closest riding area near me.

The link you provided is broken. do you happen to know any other link to the permit info? Thanks:sport:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I have ridden at the coal hole many times without a permit but would now like to purchase one because maryland closed Green Ridge ATV trails last week for good and the coal hole is now the best, closest riding area near me.

The link you provided is broken. do you happen to know any other link to the permit info? Thanks:sport:
when posts get dug up from 2008, broken links sometimes happen! lol

The current link is.....

Access Permits - Reading Anthracite Coal

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will check it out:sport:
Sure no problem... My hubby and I know the area up there real well so if you ever wanna go riding and not get lost, let me know. (Actually, I think my hubby and my brother are going riding this weekend....lucky fuggers...I can't go riding cuz I'm in Brazil for work right now lol)

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
All the info about permits and the possible upcoming Northumberland ohv park is posted here,
Login

And the patrols are increasing because of the people trashing the area. I have been asked for my permit twice since ive been riding there. And heard many stories of people getting asked to leave or fined.
There is no limit on permits. Anyone that gives Donna(lady at RAC office) $125 will get a permit.Just show her your drivers licence and proof of insurance on something. Truck atv etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts