Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok Ok now guys here you go......
You start out with some masking tape. You put tape around your fenders so you can use a marker to make your lines and your not drawing on your plastic so if you mess up you dont have to worry about it! I use a black marker its easy to see, so you start that off and you do both your front left and right fenders your mark the lines on the tape and you form your lines your going to cut off. I use a ruler to make my lines straight! Then you take a step back and see if you like what you did with your marker and both of your fenders look even and equal and if your fenders are both lined up. Then I like to use a grinder start on one of your fenders (take your time)and start following your lines on your fender... after you cut your fenders both left and right take the tape off. Then use a file and file your fender to get off some of the excess plastic that melted from grinding them. Kinda use the file to shape them a little bit...... Then you need a really fine sand paper I use 1500 grit sand paper I believe.Then if you like what you have done start sanding away work it from side to side make it like your factory plastic (circle it off make it smooth) It takes a lot of time but trust me its worth it!!!!!!! Your DONE I have done about 5 or 6 diff bikes and they all look good if you have any questions ask! :rockon:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Here is my cut fenders the way most people will see them :hail::lol: i used a 4'' grinder with a cut off wheel to cut mine then cleaned the cut up with a file and sand paper :thumb:

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I used a Jig Saw, instead of a grinder on my Warrior... Works well!

I also made a pattern from my 'CUT LINE' on one fender and transferred it to the opposite side. I did 'NOT' cut until I had the pattern made from the first side. Once satisfied, I CUT away on both sides... I then used a couple of different type files to finish it off... looked sweet after a little work!

I will NEVER cut my Yellow Fenders, but if I could score a set of spare fenders, then I just might do it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a Jig Saw, instead of a grinder on my Warrior... Works well!

I also made a pattern from my 'CUT LINE' on one fender and transferred it to the opposite side. I did 'NOT' cut until I had the pattern made from the first side. Once satisfied, I CUT away on both sides... I then used a couple of different type files to finish it off... looked sweet after a little work!

I will NEVER cut my Yellow Fenders, but if I could score a set of spare fenders, then I just might do it!
I have used a jigsaw before I just found for me a grinder was a lot easier and it cut faster! You did not have to worrie about a blade jumping up and down I just found it easier with a grinder! :rockit:

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
People cut the fronts around here to have a better view of where the front tires are and to reduce wind resistance. Drag racers cut the rears for less wind resistance.:thumb:

·
Registered
145 Posts
gotcha! I just know that for me to cut my fenders, would mean a free mouthfull of mudd and dirt every time I rode... Looks awesome when it's done right though! Does anyone market plastics that are already like that? Might be a good business idea!

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
gotcha! I just know that for me to cut my fenders, would mean a free mouthfull of mudd and dirt every time I rode... Looks awesome when it's done right though! Does anyone market plastics that are already like that? Might be a good business idea!
Fullbore makes plastics that are partially trimmed but not totally. I had a Banshee that I trimmed the fenders on for Silver Lake. When we trail rode I took a beating from the mud..:lol:

G

·
pics please

Please guys post some pics of your 700 with shaved fenders, the fronts seems to be stright forward its the rears that i am having a problem with...

:beerchug:

·
Registered
1 Posts
having account problems please post pics close up if you can

1 - 15 of 15 Posts