Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I atleast want to add a cam (probably hotcam 3), Dynatek Programmable Ignition, and +2 TB. Should I just go for it, and do a CP 11:1 and P&P w/valves all at once? Also, would you recommend a +3 over a +2 TB for this build? Again I'm mostly a duner (Pismo/Sand Mtn. NV) using my stock swinger and clutch (for a while anyway:D), and I just want a fast, RELIABLE duner.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I have 20x10-8 7 paddle extremes (cheng shin carcass) that are just as tall as most of the 21's I have seen. I will probably keep them, and buy another set. What are you guys with similar setups running? Anyone try 9 paddle STU padlabrats?

·
WILD ONES
887 Posts
Do it all at once no ?'s asked.. It will be worth your while.. I did and I am extra happy with it. If you want the best work go to____..Everyone already knows:thumb:

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
The further the cam can pull past 6500rpm the more you need the ignition. There is no reason to buy a cam that can pull past that point when the stock timing cannot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pulling the trigger. Will a 21x12-8, 9 paddle Extreme be a good choice for me? If not what would be better? Thanks for all the advice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The further the cam can pull past 6500rpm the more you need the ignition. There is no reason to buy a cam that can pull past that point when the stock timing cannot.
With either option, there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to install the ignition.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm pulling the trigger. Will a 21x12-8, 9 paddle Extreme be a good choice for me? If not what would be better? Thanks for all the advice.
9 paddle extremes should put that power down nicely.:thumb: Also, I kind of disagree with everyone saying do it all at once. You can do the 6-mod without breaking any gaskets, it's an easy job that just about anyone can do themselves. When you step up and add the piston and p&p, you won't be re-doing anything you did for the 6-mod, nothing is wasted. So my opinion is that you don't have to do it all at once, but it will sure put a big fat smile on your face if you do. :banana:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
9 paddle extremes should put that power down nicely.:thumb: Also, I kind of disagree with everyone saying do it all at once. You can do the 6-mod without breaking any gaskets, it's an easy job that just about anyone can do themselves. When you step up and add the piston and p&p, you won't be re-doing anything you did for the 6-mod, nothing is wasted. So my opinion is that you don't have to do it all at once, but it will sure put a big fat smile on your face if you do. :banana:
very true, the only thing u lose is $ spent at the dyno....u can make very good HP without pulling the head..........

·
Registered
358 Posts
very true, the only thing u lose is $ spent at the dyno....u can make very good HP without pulling the head..........
If I had not already bought the piston and an extra head just for Bo to work his magic on, I might have happily stayed at a 6-mod for quite a while.

·
SANDKRZY
1,060 Posts
The paddles should be fine. But try to find 8 paddle, might handle a bit better.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts