Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going back home to WV in a couple weeks and there happens to be some rocky riding around the areas I frequent. So I need everyones opinions on swingarm skids? Like what brand is recommended most and who to purchase them from as far as price? I'm on a tight deadline as you can see for shipping so that's a big factor as well. Suggestions are appreciated.:banana:

I have never really heard bad things about Armadillo and I tried numerous times to get into contact with PRM because I liked the look of those but they never responded to my e-mails (I sent like 4 asking if they'd powdercoat one black for me and they never answered). So they're out of consideration.

That banana man kicks ass:rockon:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Man, that's pretty cool. Too bad that if I liked it I wouldn't have enough time for him to make me one.....I definitely gotta get one before this trip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love my yamaha skids, fit perfect, holding up well. And one of the few that doesn't require removal to get to the grease fitting. Tried an AC one, after the fourth one that didn't fit, I gave up. The UM one's looked sturdy, but cut way down on ground clearance, and had the removal problem.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love my yamaha skids, fit perfect, holding up well. And one of the few that doesn't require removal to get to the grease fitting. Tried an AC one, after the fourth one that didn't fit, I gave up. The UM one's looked sturdy, but cut way down on ground clearance, and had the removal problem.

That's good info right there.:thumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
DG Stainless Steel, had for 2 years and found many rocks and ride cinders often, still in great shape except for a few gouges from big rocks.

·
Wheelie Master
510 Posts

How's the fit and how easy is to access the grease fitting?
Fit and Finish good and yes you can get to grease fittings with out a prob, the only dis like i have is this--photo
the skid do not cover all of the front lower a-arm :eyebrow:
p.s. use Loctite on what ever you get.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fit and Finish good and yes you can get to grease fittings with out a prob, the only dis like i have is this--photo
the skid do not cover all of the front lower a-arm :eyebrow:
p.s. use Loctite on what ever you get.

How about the rear swingarm skid 700YR? Does it cover well?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a done deal....I ordered the Armadillo swing-arm skid from Rocky Mountain ATV just a minute ago....I went ahead and ordered one of them purty black billet gas caps as well.:thumb:

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
I would try a Tag Metals, belly skid. These Tag Metals skids are not Aluminum:

From there website;
“Railer” ATV Glide Plate
Innovative concept, manufactured of a high-Density 6mm polyurethane.

Half the weight of Aluminum
Does not rattle or vibrate
Will not bend or dent
More scratch resistant than Aluminum
Intensely tested by top ATV Pros
Race proven in ‘06 ATVA nationals and in the rocky California deserts
Because of its polyurethane construction, the Railer provides a smooth feel and effortless glide over all terrains.

http://www.tagmetals.cc/atv/productdetails.php?id=skid

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would try a Tag Metals, belly skid. These Tag Metals skids are not Aluminum:

From there website;
“Railer” ATV Glide Plate
Innovative concept, manufactured of a high-Density 6mm polyurethane.

Half the weight of Aluminum
Does not rattle or vibrate
Will not bend or dent
More scratch resistant than Aluminum
Intensely tested by top ATV Pros
Race proven in ‘06 ATVA nationals and in the rocky California deserts
Because of its polyurethane construction, the Railer provides a smooth feel and effortless glide over all terrains.

http://www.tagmetals.cc/atv/productdetails.php?id=skid

So have you tried them yet? Poly is definitely tough as nails if the batch is mixed and cured correctly....Any idea as to price on these?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts