Modded Raptors Forum banner

SLEEVE OR NOT TO SLEEVE, THAT IS THE QUESTION!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I wasnt sure about nikasil either, but it is a carbite based substance that is actually harder than an iron sleeve. I dont see any reason why it would wear through unless you didnt break the bike in properly and revved it cold. Theres nothing wrong with sleeves though.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I wasnt sure about nikasil either, but it is a carbite based substance that is actually harder than an iron sleeve. I dont see any reason why it would wear through unless you didnt break the bike in properly and revved it cold. Theres nothing wrong with sleeves though.
Because it's possible to flake...... so you have to trust someone with the job they did coating it, kinda of like trusting a painter and his paint not flaking, or a powder coater.... etc. An Iron sleeve is a big hunk of metal, not gonna flake, just gotta hope the installer installled it correctly

·
Portsculptor
2,604 Posts
I have seen alot of the Yamaha applied Nickel seal thats worn through(Suzuki too) and will say that the aftermarket Nickel Seal is stronger but is still only as stable as the parrent material its bonded to which is the aluminum cylinder. It has its advantages but a properly installed sleeve has more advantages overall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.