Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody, I'm Marcelo from Argentina, this summer I took some photos jumping with my Raptor 700R at Monte Hermoso's dunes. I fell in love with this machine since I rided it for the first time. I just want to share my experience with you.
By the way I need some advice to set up my stock shocks for jumping. My wrists are very damaged because of the repetitive impacts. I want to set up the suspension to get softers landings. Sorry for my English. Please share with me your air shots so I can see them.

·
Asshole
3,161 Posts
Holy HUGE PICS ! :lol: Welcome to the site :beerchug: Great pics

·
Registered
2,853 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice photos man!! might want to invest into some flex bars and a anti-vibe stem.. and some riding boots!! :lol: but check this link for suspension set-up http://www.moddedraptor.com/community/700-specific-how/512-setting-up-your-suspension.html
Thanx for the advice man, definitely I need the flexx bars because my wrists cant handle more jumps like this. I just want to go a little higher but when I think about the landing impact on my hands and arms I just get off my finger from the throttle.

I'll take a look at the guide u posted, my actual set-up isn't the best for jumping.

One more thing, what about your tire pressure for jumping? I just put 4lbs to all tires. Is this correct?

@Raptout

Thanks for ur advice too! Finnaly I found the help I was looking for!:thumb:
I use dirt tires

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
its all in set up mostly! i run about the same psi in my tires as well if not a little bit lower in the rear.. also you could send your stock shocks off and get them revavled and sprung for the riding style you do and will make a huge difference..

·
Registered
35 Posts
nice

looks cool and now with those pics we can just cut the sand out of the photo and bam you jumped higher no wrist damage. ps. even with antivibe and good shocks falling from the sky like that hurts. antivibe on the way to the jump may help your feel for the throttle and make you smoother. and if i jumped like this alot get wrist braces there worth the money and your wrist. and some good riding boots you may not need to rely on your hands so much.
stick with us we will help you spend your money :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice air! That takes some balls to jump like that with no riding gear. I would never jump like I do w/o full riding gear. Boots actually help with confidence in the landings along with my set up to absorb landings. Some of them can jar you to death.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts