Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone interested in a comparison between LTE and a Sparks X6 Krackanator? We did some testing yesterday on my stockbore with the new Sparks pipe.

Any guesses on how it went? Ill post the results tomorrow.

GRAPH in post 12!!!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
this sounds good

·
Registered
704 Posts
come on... a hint... no numbers... just the winner ;) ???

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry about the wait fellas. Yesterday was my mom's B-Day so didnt have any time. Anyway here is the graph. Sorry for the pic, our scanner is broke at the moment.

Disclaimer: This is not 100% TRUE comparison. Same bike, but red is LTE duals, and U4.2 before a previous race before the bike was torn down, and now the Black is the Sparks Krackanator on C-12. Pretty close comparison, and GREAT power for a single. Its staying on my bike no doubt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also I think Im going to cut a couple inches off the can at a time, and that will fix some of the over-rev problem.

·
I am smarter than you....
2,051 Posts
i would like to see this comparison on a bigger engine. if you do that let us know. i would also like to see a pic of this exhaust. i havent seen it yet

·
AZ's PIT CREW MEMBER
343 Posts
you had that pipe on at the hassy drags? if so it looks good and sounds good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is a pic of the pipe. Looks the same as an X6 but where the headpipe and midpipe/can meet is swedged and steps up in size to the core.

Yeah, Slider, same pipe. I think it sounds better than duals for some reason. I also thinks it adds huge asthetic value to "sleepers". You dont expect a bike with a single to run well.

As far as a bigger motor, I think I saw somewhere where KCT did a test with one of these on a 797 and it made 2-3 more than Barkers, or similar duals, and there version the can was quite a bit shorter.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey Morgan nice comparison! Have you ever tried this with the Ron Wood exhaust. I have it and I can tell it flows a shit load. The can on the woods is much shorter too.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The actual Krackenator XX6 Sparks drag pipe has a 2 1/2" core and a 11" can. The one Morgan tested is a Krackenator X6 with a 2 1/4" core and a 14" can. I believe the Krackenator X6 and the Krackenator XX6 both step up in size where the header slides into the rear section. This is not intended to discredit Morgans findings, just clarifing the differences between the 2 exhausts. The exhaust Kenz tested was a Krackenator XX6.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The actual Krackenator XX6 Sparks drag pipe has a 2 1/2" core and a 11" can. The one Morgan tested is a Krackenator X6 with a 2 1/4" core and a 14" can. I believe the Krackenator X6 and the Krackenator XX6 both step up in size where the header slides into the rear section. This is not intended to discredit Morgans findings, just clarifing the differences between the 2 exhausts. The exhaust Kenz tested was a Krackenator XX6.

Correct. I should have stated that when I had talked to Scott about that very thing. He said the one that they (Kenz) had was stupid loud, and I wanted something I could test VS Duals, and the general public would like. Obviously the shorter the can the louder, and generally more over-rev it will have, hence why I wanted to start chopping this can.

Thanks Tom.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts