Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from St. Anthony Dunes near Rexburg, Idaho.....At St. Anthony Dunes go to the Egin Lakes Access which takes you to the middle of the dunes...then head west with your Raptor for some serious hill climbs and bowls :hyper:.....We stayed at the Comfort Inn (Rexburg) which is about 10 miles from Egin Lakes Access.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just got back from St. Anthony Dunes near Rexburg, Idaho.....At St. Anthony Dunes go to the Egin Lakes Access which takes you to the middle of the dunes...then head west with your Raptor for some serious hill climbs and bowls :hyper:.....We stayed at the Comfort Inn (Rexburg) which is about 10 miles from Egin Lakes Access.
Is the Comfort Inn the one next to Applebee's right by Rexburg Motorsports?

St. Anthony is awesome, it is by far my favorite dune spot. I wish it was a little closer so I could go more often. How did you like it? Post up some pics for us.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Comfort Inn is on 885 W. Main St. , Rexburg, ID....From Comfort Inn, you head west on Main St and turn right on N 3000W then turn on 4000N and then on N 1500E and finally Crapo Rd to get to Egin Lakes Access. Head to the sand dune access around a small lake and head west. :thumb:

The Bowls were super large and steep. The hill climbs were also steep. The Bowls and steep North side of the dunes (wind from south) were connected by very large and smooth sand hills. :beerchug:

·
SANDKRZY
1,060 Posts
St. A's is a blast for sure. Plan on goin in June and July this year. WOOHOO!!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
We will just miss you, we will be there the 4th-7th. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Cool, where ya gonna stay? We will be at Oasis with the Flatlander crew from back east.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Any of you Idaho duners know how they compare to Little Sahara, UT or Glamis, CA? I love the big hill climbs and bowls and the best I've found yet are in UT, but I have always wanted to do the ID. dunes.
Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Then you will LOVE Idaho, the dunes from Thunder to choke are HUGE!!!

Most of em are about 300ft. to the top all the way out, there is about a 2 mile stretch where they are small, but Choke and Devils dune are well worth the long ride, IMO.

St. A's is my fav. place to go. Utah (LS) is a VERY close second.

·
Registered
341 Posts
GREAT! I'll be in UT next spring. I was planning on doing LS and Coral Pink, but now I think I'll do ID instead of Coral Pink.

·
Registered
844 Posts
for sure, what Seth said. Idaho has some of the biggest dunes around. I Love the place!

·
Registered
10 Posts
there are multiple dunes as big as big sand mountain, bowls are a little harder to find. plenty of good camping, and a "lake" if you can call it that at 3 feet deep to cool off in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm already sold. Would be nice to hook up with some locals to show me around. I'll make another post next spring to see who might be interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well just come at Labor Day!! Lots of people will be there!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well just come at Labor Day!! Lots of people will be there!!
I wish. I'm in CA and that's quite a haul. I was actually thinking of going to the Cinders Labor day. Now if you want to ride monster hills, you're not likely to find them taller and steeper than the Cinders.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.