Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
STAGE 3 HOTCAMS....on a near stock bike....:coolshades:
6k plus was all power gained, but loss some power down low.....this tune is still too rich for the low end, so there is still some power to be gained there...

tq graph.

from bone stock till now

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for those of u installing a stage 3 HC..... be careful when adjusting the exhaust valve clearance because there is very little room on the base of the cam.....and it is all too easy to be on the decompression buttom while making your adjustments.....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Once again, real nice info. Now, if someone only had an old HCII to send you for comparison...:lol:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
a customers bike ran on knobbies due to stripped wheel studs....11:1 piston, HC3, dynatek, dmc duals, pc3, prodesign
THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STOCK CURVE 2 AND A CUSTOM CURVE with adjustment made to the bottom end only

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Why do those #'s seem so low? I'm talking the last dyno with the HC3, 11:1, dynatek, DMC's, & Prodesign? Shouldn't that build be pushing 60 hp?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Exactcly....DMC's constrict, knobbies lose 5 HP, and a 15t is harder to pull. Therefore resulting in a huge power bog.
Huh, I didn't realize that knobbies were a 5hp loss. I also didn't realize a 15T sprocket was a HP loss. IF that was the case, why would anyone run different gearing? I can't figure that one out :think: BUT I'm also the one that does NOT have a dyno and paid 110 bucks to get a dyno tune. (on holeshot h-d's which got 53 hp with a single & HCII, so I don't feel so bad now!)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i have not played with gearing yet on the dyno, buy i dont think it has a big affect.........tires loose 10% 0r more depending.....
the different gearing allows one to use the torque band longer.....and be able to control the POWER
...u can not compare #'s from one dyno to another.......expecially different brands...the are all supposed to be the same...but they are not....

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL
Yes this Quad is quick, the torque is the best part about it. I got the DMC for a good price wish I would have waited for the new ones but you know modding these quads are like crack once you start u cant stop. LOL :hyper: :hyper: all and all I love this power right were I use it the most 1st-4th perfect no complaints here Thanks again DL700 you rock :rockon:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was under the impression that unless your a sand nut and run at 7K+ all the time, that a stage III is killing more bottom end then it provides up top.... What kind of increase would i be lookin at If I went from stage II to stage III with 11:1, P&P, PCIII, Dynatek, Aluminum intake and Barker Duals??

I do lots of mid to upper rpm crusing, not too much down low. Put I dont want the thing to turn into a 2-stroke powerband, ya know??

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I was under the impression that unless your a sand nut and run at 7K+ all the time, that a stage III is killing more bottom end then it provides up top.... What kind of increase would i be lookin at If I went from stage II to stage III with 11:1, P&P, PCIII, Dynatek, Aluminum intake and Barker Duals??

I do lots of mid to upper rpm crusing, not too much down low. Put I dont want the thing to turn into a 2-stroke powerband, ya know??
It's a trade off, if you like more torque then the HCII is good, if you want more power and over rev, then the HCIII is good as well. You ride a bike that has 686cc.... there's no such thing as killing torque :thumb:

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
after some retuning....almost 50 mhp on a stock pipe
OK, Dan I'm alittle confused here. We had bikes at the Glamis Raptor Rally with 11:1 piston, +3 Throttle Body, PCIII, Monster full dual exhaust, Stage 2 cam, Intake, air box lid removed and they made 55 HP. How should a "stock bike" with the mods you listed on the bottom of the Dyno sheet make ONLY 5HP less?

How much HP gain should you get by doing the spark plug mod, unhooking the speed sensor, adjusting the accelerator pump function on the PCIII? I wouldn't think it would be close as a 11:1 piston, +3 throttle body and full dual exhaust.

I'm only asking to understand more about making power for our Raptor 700's.

-Johnny

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
OK, Dan I'm alittle confused here. We had bikes at the Glamis Raptor Rally with 11:1 piston, +3 Throttle Body, PCIII, Monster full dual exhaust, Stage 2 cam, Intake, air box lid removed and they made 55 HP. How should a "stock bike" with the mods you listed on the bottom of the Dyno sheet make ONLY 5HP less?

How much HP gain should you get by doing the spark plug mod, unhooking the speed sensor, adjusting the accelerator pump function on the PCIII? I wouldn't think it would be close as a 11:1 piston, +3 throttle body and full dual exhaust.

I'm only asking to understand more about making power for our Raptor 700's.

-Johnny
You have to remember Johnny..... DL's a tweaker.... and has a severe case of A.D.D. When it comes to horsepower :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts