Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple slip ons from my 05 gsxr 750 hanging around (yosh tri oval and hindle stainless). Im thinking about chopping it down 6-8" and tigging it back then cut the angled pipe off the stock muffler, clean it up and weld it to an enlarger that will fit the slip on. First question. . . . . . . Will it kill my back pressure too much? Second, Do I really need to re-jet? I realize you should re jet for optimum performance but If I wanted crazy performance I would buy the proper header and muffler. I mainly just want a nice sound. I have installed slip ons on my 99 R1, 05 gsxr 750 and 00 r6 and never jetted and the bikes all worked flawlessely. Let me know guys. Like I said Im looking for the sound mainly. The bike has more than enough power for what I use it for so no need for more power.

I dont want to cut the angled pipe off my stock muffler if this will give me any issues. I have had so many issues with this bike its unreal and I finally have it working right.

·
Registered
554 Posts
i put one on mine -a scorpian pipe- and welded and rigged up a strap type mount... it is actually a little bigger inside than a slip on, and even quieter...u should b fine i think...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I made an exhaust strap today out of stainless and rubber lined it. Started to tig a stainless adaptor to go from the slip on to the mid pipe and its a little tricky, Im not going to lie. I figured I didnt want to wreck the stocker. I installed it today(just slipped it on by hand and no mount) and damn it is wayy to loud but it idled and had crisp throttle still. I think im going to finish to little project up, high polish the shit outta it and keep it on the side for if I do more modding. must have lost 5 lbs atleast though by going to the hindle.

BTW badlukrappy, is your bike jetted? Your bike runs flawlessley with that slip? No hesitation or sputter?

·
Registered
554 Posts
its jetted, cammed, hi comp piston, air box and lid pretty much cut away... and yes i think with just a slip on u dont hafta rejet.. but u should deff runs better...and i dout its as loud as my homemade drag pipes:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts