Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a tachometer for my 07 rappy. But I'm not sure what to get. I would rather have an analog tach than a digital one. But those seem to be more expensive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd like to do the same thing, but a digital one might be more compact? Finding an analog gauge that reads to 9K rpm's in a compact package is more difficult, right?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd like to do the same thing, but a digital one might be more compact? Finding an analog gauge that reads to 9K rpm's in a compact package is more difficult, right?
The problem with a digital tach is the numbers are changing so fast you can't read them vs. the sweeping needle.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here you go. Has a mount and a shift light so when you dyno you set it just right! Compact enough to mount easy but still big enough to see. It is expensive but would be a good option.

Auto Meter

·
Registered
12 Posts
That one above is 3 3/4" diameter. Probably the smallest one will find in analog form. Great find! I would opt for one without the shift light cuz I could see that getting broke off...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Autometer has several that go to 10000 rpm.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are the automotive ones weather proof? The ProCycle line is.

Here is a link to 3 3/4" with 10k rpm:

Auto Meter Pro Cycle

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good point. I dont know?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had a Trail Tech "Vapor" on my KFX400. It had a tachometer on it. You could either set it to report the RPM by digital numbers or a gradiant bar scale. You could also set your shift points via a blinking light. IT was nice but I found that I never looked down at it while I was riding. I always shifted by sound and feel. I paid $100 for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a glowshift analog tach on ebay. It claims to be compatible with 1-10 cylinder engines. So I went ahead and got it. It should be in tomorrow. It looks like a nice tach and it goes up to 10k rpm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a glowshift analog tach on ebay. It claims to be compatible with 1-10 cylinder engines. So I went ahead and got it. It should be in tomorrow. It looks like a nice tach and it goes up to 10k rpm.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Please let us see the tacho?

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cool thanks! Pity no shipping to South Africa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got it in and I really like it! It seems pretty sturdy and well built. Looks awesome and has many different colors to choose. It did take me a bit to find a the signal. My first try was the spark plug cap/ wire. Did not work. After looking at the rappy's wiring diagram, I found an orange wire that comes out of the ecu and goes to the coil. That is the wire that carries the signal that the tach needs. I was pretty surprised as the tach had nearly no lag while revving in neutral. I'll post a YouTube video soon

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got that same glo shift guage, lasted one day in the sand. It didnt like the abuse from the bumpy ride

1 - 20 of 25 Posts