Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know anything about throttle body boring.
Why would someone get a +2 rather than a +3?
What would I benefit from it?
I’m thinking I need this done to mine, don’t know.
I just see so many people have it done to theirs.
To be honest with you I haven’t really researched this and just thought I’d throw this out there.
Thanks, Max

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Pretty much the same reason why you would go to a larger carburetor, more fuel = more power (as long as you have the air flow, mods etc...). Kevin at Joker's Vault should be coming out with some new TB's in the few weeks. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The +2 works well into the 75hp range, and the +3 works well into the 80's. I started doing the +2 because it was safe, but everyone wanted the last ounce of power so +3 was more popular. When going +3, I sometimes tear one up and have to replace the core(hence the price difference). There isn't any torque loss going with the +3 instead of the +2 because of a change in taper. No need to worry about safety for you guys on the +3, because if it is gonna "blow-out", it will do it while I'm machining it.

It should come AFTER a cam swap. The cam is more bang for the buck, and is able to make full use of a bored TB

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1 for kenny. He done mine and it works great. the biggest difference that I noticed was the overrev. Send that thing to kenny and while you are at it go ahead and get the evac valve to go with it.

·
Making wheelies
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info about TB Boring, very helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts