Modded Raptors Forum banner

Tell me about transmission gears

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MikeR 
#1 ·
At our XC race last weekend, my daughter's Breeze threw the chain 3 times. The last time I put it back on there was a distinctive gear grinding/knocking sound deep in the transmission. So I pulled the engine and split the cases, sure enough two gears are stripped in the transmission. I ordered them from Bike Bandit this morning.

My question is, one of the gears is part of a gear set on one shaft. I only need to replace the one gear, how do get the gear off the shaft? The first picture is of the gear set, the second is my work table with the engine and trans parts scattered very carefully on it.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yamaha breeze.

Here are the pics of the one I have,I cleaned the fenders up a little. The gas cap is missing,the seat foam was ruined,no grab bar,no tail-light,and tires are dry-rotted.

Attachments

#6 ·
Oh yeah, it's running again. I got the gears from bikebandit, and a new set of rings to freshen the engine while I had it torn apart. Put it back together, new sprockets and chain and she runs like a champ. You can see the picture in my thread in the girls ride section, daughter took first place in last weekends race. Odd thing though, it now has a clicking knocking sound coming from the clutch area. It increases with RPMs. I have a vacation coming up in a month, I'll take the clutch cover off and take a look then, doesn't seem to affect anything at the moment. I don't know crap about CVT clutches, I thought I had to take the variator apart to get the belt off, turns out I didn't, but I figure I didn't get it screwed back together tight enough. I didn't have a wrench big enough, it's something like 41mm, so I tightened it with a chisel and hammer, gonna start looking there.

#10 ·
ccdhowell, I know this is a really old post but I'm having the same problem with my sons Breeze. I have the cases split but how did you end up separating the transmission gears? I've looked at it for a while last night and did a little prying but I didn't want to mess anything up so I stopped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.