Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i finished my case saver and installed it on my bike...its made out of inch thick tephlon board that i cut out with a band saw and then filled to fit perfectly because theres not too much room in there.this is made to fit my 15t...check out the pics....the tephlon is white but i painted it with blue Krylon paint. This was my first attempt ...the next ones are gonna be better...

let me know what you guys think...I have some more board left over of anybody is interested...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tephlon actually has a very good tensile strength....we use this material at my work for scrappers...a very durable material...i have no doubt that it wont fail....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Excellent idea!:thumb: I believe that is UHMW (ultra heavy molecular weight) plastic. It is commonly called tephlon but it is not. It is extremely durable. It is similiar to the chain wear strip on a stock swinger. Industry uses it all of the time because it is so durable. It could be molded to take up every nook & cranny to make it most effective. My company has it in yellow, white, black, green & black speckles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha ya its almost the same as teh UPP product....but its not poly....and it didnt cost me 45 buck either...lol i know for fact this material is very durable...I work in Industrial Mining and we use this material for our belt scrappers and such....it lasts long and because its a plastic per say, when it gets an impact its able to absorb it without cracking like aluminum would....Im hoping ill never have to put it to the test but if i do im confident in it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts