Modded Raptors Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
With each build we do like to test different things within the current design.

This is another sb/ss build pretty much the same build we tested the other 4 cams on. This test was using our own D7 cam design. More to come

Comparing the data logging and dyno sheets to past tests we see by either changing the trim on both turbine and compressor wheels and or moving the exhaust c/l we can ramp up the mid range power by better controlling the drive pressure v driven pressure. Also we maxed out the stock fuel pump so an after market pump is in order. had to go full fat in the mid range to keep it from running lean on the big end. The rich mid range really affects power.

The 7 psi run is on pump the other 2 runs using vp110 no timing control.

·
Registered
177 Posts
NICE WORK !!!!! can I ask what fuel injectors your using???

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It uses the stock primary and a 60 lbs secondary.

I should have the new cam in next week with the ex l/c moved. Looking forward to seeing if it picks up the mid range like we feel it should without affectinr the top end too much. Little give and take.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damn wish I had the money for the Cam also ..with my other upgrades I'm doing Bob..
Nice work guys..Glad your doing so much testing on some cams...

·
Registered
341 Posts
So Bob, when will this cam be ready for installing in my Bike? I'd love to run that baby at Sand Mtn. Utah this May. Any budgetary quotes available yet? Gotta start saving up for one of these :)

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Would you possibly have two versions of the cam like a mid range and more of a top end cam?
There are the first 3 tested then 1 other.

We also have our private reserve selection. aka the Henry grinds

Damn wish I had the money for the Cam also ..with my other upgrades I'm doing Bob..
Nice work guys..Glad your doing so much testing on some cams...
Get ahold of me after you get the new upgrades and I'll make you a deal on a cam

It uses the stock primary and a 60 lbs secondary.

60 lbs = 750cc ????
60 lbs = 631cc @43.5 psi fuel pressure

Raptor run 46.1 psi fuel pressure so 60 lbs = 649.5cc

So Bob, when will this cam be ready for installing in my Bike? I'd love to run that baby at Sand Mtn. Utah this May. Any budgetary quotes available yet? Gotta start saving up for one of these :)
Ill shoot you a text. :beerchug:

:nospeak:
PR:usa:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts