Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the track yesterday, I bought a tether kill switch on the way, well I thought I could just splice it in at the track, but it's a bit harder then that I see. No one else was quite sure either. It was just practice, so I got to ride, but how do I hook this thing up?! I was going to splice it into the wires coming out of my kill switch/starter box, but there's about 7 wires and I'm not sure which ones do what without cutting them. I read something about the 700s running them from the stator area? I bought the only switch they had in stock, and it's a cheap closed circuit one with NO direction. Just the switch, two wires, a few connectors, and the tether. Can anyone post pics of their setup on the 350 or another quad that would be applicable??? I really want to get this on for the next practice day. MX is a blast!:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I already found the info. It is the orange wire. I got the wrong kill switch, I got a Pro Armor one on the way. I plan on putting up a few pics of the install as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but I already found the info. It is the orange wire. I got the wrong kill switch, I got a Pro Armor one on the way. I plan on putting up a few pics of the install as well.
I'm looking at the Pro Armor switch as well but most reviews complain about the terrible lack of install instructions. Looking on their site I see an install kit that has a wire with some connectors for $23. That seems a little steep for what's there.
What have you done? Did you get some install pics? Help a brother out here.

·
R.I.P. Coop
2,192 Posts
it doesn't matter which one you have.. they are all the same.. as for the proarmor install kit you can make it for about 5-10 bucks. or free if you have the stuff in your garage..
Not the same... if you have a DynaTek Ignition then the typical tether kill switch can not be used. This same Ignition requires a whole different set up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try to get pics if I can remember to, I've been real busy lately and haven't got on here much! I took about 1 cm off the end of each wire in the switch, and cut about 2 cm off of the orange coil wire. It should be the only single wire coming out, and it's orange, so not too hard to find. I cut the coating of the wire, not the whole wire. I then started the quad, and touched one wire to the exposed coil wire and the other to a ground spot, which is any bare metal on the frame that you can find. Make sure to keep have the switch disengaged, off, or otherwise apart as if you had come off the machine, and ground the wire first. If the quad dies, then you know that the wire that is on the coil is the "hot" wire and the other is a ground. This is how you will hook it up. I wrapped the end of the hot wire around the exposed coil wire and used electrical tape to secure it and keep out the elements. I used 3-4 in lenghts of tape and wrapped it seperately a few times to make sure that there was no way for water to make it's way in there. I then took an electrical connector and clamped it on the end of the exposed ground wire. I took out a headlight bolt, cleaned up a spot with my knife to ensure a good ground, lined the connector up to the hole, and reinstalled my bolt. It sounds lenghty, but only took me like 10 minutes to do. I realize some people have never done this before, so this is the easiest explaination that I have. I was originally going to tap into the kill switch, but gave up on that idea quick! You will need, a kill switch, knife/wire strippers (or use your teeth), electrical tape, and the proper tools to remove the hood, put the switch on the handlebars, and remove headlight bolt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts