Modded Raptors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my 07 YFZ shocks. Bought them for $125.00 :D. I cant wait to get them on once I recieve my Modded stock A-arms.. cough cough JOHNNY BAJA..

:lol: jk man Paypal sure does take too long to send the funds.

Also could I have the spring re-coated? How hard is it to get the spring off and will I have to have them adjusted once I do?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
The ride difference is night and day. You will be very happy.. The springs are pretty easy to get off if you have a spring compressor. I think you can borrow them from any auto parts store for free. It will probably cost about $50 to have them re powder coated but that price may differ according to where you live. Lots of places around here so the competition drives the prices down..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm will they take the spring off for me? Do I have to take the shock apart at all?

Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Some places may actually take the spring off for you but most wont. I have taken a few shocks apart before for this exact thing but never the 450 shocks so I will let someone handle the how to on that. I dont want to tell you wrong but I am pretty sure if you compress the spring you can take the lower shock mount right off with a wrench. You dont have to mess with the internals of the shock..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.