Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved my 07 YFZ shocks. Bought them for $125.00 :D. I cant wait to get them on once I recieve my Modded stock A-arms.. cough cough JOHNNY BAJA..

:lol: jk man Paypal sure does take too long to send the funds.

Also could I have the spring re-coated? How hard is it to get the spring off and will I have to have them adjusted once I do?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
The ride difference is night and day. You will be very happy.. The springs are pretty easy to get off if you have a spring compressor. I think you can borrow them from any auto parts store for free. It will probably cost about $50 to have them re powder coated but that price may differ according to where you live. Lots of places around here so the competition drives the prices down..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm will they take the spring off for me? Do I have to take the shock apart at all?

Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Some places may actually take the spring off for you but most wont. I have taken a few shocks apart before for this exact thing but never the 450 shocks so I will let someone handle the how to on that. I dont want to tell you wrong but I am pretty sure if you compress the spring you can take the lower shock mount right off with a wrench. You dont have to mess with the internals of the shock..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool deal thanks I will dig up more info.

·
Registered
941 Posts
loosen all the preload on the shocks, move the bump stop foamy thing all the way to the top, compress the spring and take the washer off, the one at the bottom of the shock that holds the springs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts