Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Directions from Phoenix - Take I-17 North to Flagstaff, as you start to come into the city of Flagstaff you will see several freeway overpasses, take the I-40 East freeway to exit #... (this will by-pass all of the traffic going through downtown Flagstaff). When getting off of the freeway turn left (North) go over the freeway and turn right on Highway 89. This road will take you to the entrance of the Cinder's OHV (see map)

Here are a few things you should know about the Cinders:

There is NO water available, so make sure you pack in what you will need while you are there

You must be STREET LEGAL to ride on the main forrest roads (Read the signs that are posted throughout the Cinder's

It is usually dusty when riding at the Cinder's

Having paddle tires are a MUST if you plan on riding any of the big hills

To run up $100 Hill you will need to have a quad with some motor mods and paddles, just ask my son DEZERT RANGER

Pack it in, pack it out!!! Help keep this riding area open for everyone to enjoy. Clean up and pick up after yourself before you leave

Here are some GPS Coordinates of the popular hills at the Cinder's.

Entrance into the Cinder's Hills OHV N35 19' 42.5 W111 32' 40.6
$100 hill bottom N35 20.526 W111 27.509
Red Bowl N35 21.125 W111 28.656
Little Cinder Basin N35 20.020 W111 27.944
Pinnacle Crater N35 19.752 W111 28.959

THIS IS $100 HILL, AND YES IT'S THAT FREAKIN STEEP...

*** Thanks to HARDLUCKHERO for these GPS Coordinates

·
Registered
704 Posts
Having paddle tires are a MUST if you plan on riding any of the big hills

To run up $100 Hill you will need to have a quad with some motor mods and paddles, just ask my son DEZERT RANGER
*** Thanks to HARDLUCKHERO for these GPS Coordinates
not necessarily... ;) all you need is some ole honda 110 balloon tires like this, oh yeah and some hp... pic is kinda small sorry... we've been running knobbies up there for 20+ years (we are probably the only ones too) honestly it is much more fun with knobbies, the hills are actually a challenge, labor day we will be up there...

nice pics...

·
Registered
704 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
At the cinders do you need to run flags, can you run haulers were do you buy the permits and how much

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the cinders do you need to run flags, can you run haulers were do you buy the permits and how much
No flag needed, no permit needed but paddles will make it much easier to climb the big hills unless you want to try a set of Raptor660fam's ballon tires :thumb:

·
Third times a charm!
1,396 Posts
Edgar, I wouldn't take your good haulers to the Cinders. Try to find some used Sand Stars cuz your haulers can get f'd up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
lol... Labor Day here we come... Anyone else???

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don't see how anyone could have any fun at the Cinders w/o paddles. haulers work well but won't last. I shredded a brand new set of taller haulers is 1/2 a day on my Banshee. Best to get some molded tires.

·
Registered
704 Posts
It is a lot more fun in my opinion with knobbies... less dust kickup, thus riding closer, yeah you lose a little traction but you get a lot more respect when you climb all those monster hills with knobbies... Everyone in my family has run knobbies since the early 80's up there... my dad actually invented or started some of the trails up there... they have some great stories

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well, I'm impressed you can climb any of the more substantial hills with knobbys; $100 & $500 hill. Yea, i created a few trails myself.
I'm still looking for the right paddle that will work well there cause i'll never bring my Haulers there again but most of the moulded tires I've seen just don't have large enough paddles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
No paddles in our group either, the only time the paddles would help is on the big hills, I can run $100 on stock knobbies and the trails are a lot of fun on knobbies. BTW, you don't want to be very close to anyone running paddles, those little bastards hurt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts