Modded Raptors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTIONS TO THE PIT:

Take Bell Road West past the 303, (Bell Road turns into the Sun Valley Parkway) past MM 121, look for your first dirt road on your right and turn right, take this dirt road until you come to the Arizona Central Canal, go across bridge and make a quick left, take this road all the way down to the river bottom, there is a nice area to stage on your left or if your truck is 4WD you can cross the river bottom continue heading West to the PIT. The river bottom has some soft sand and I’ve seen several people get stuck with 2WD trucks when crossing. If you stage on the East side of the river bottom, drop into the river bottom and take road/trail West and you will run into the Pit.

IF YOU WANT TO RIDE OUT THERE YOU BETTER HURRY, WITH ALL OF THE GROWTH IN THE VALLEY, NEW HOME BUILDS ARE GETTING CLOSER.

AND YES, THIS IS ONLY A MILE OR SO NORTH OF WERE WE GO TO THE SAND DRAGS IN THE HASSAYAMPA RIVER BOTTOM.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Very interesting, I will have to come over there and give it a shot sometime. With the housing market like it is you should be safe for awhile.:thumb:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yo Johnny, Is this the same spot they call the tanks. being that it is behind the white tanks? I tried to look for it but never found the right place. When's the last time you guys where out there? We usually ride at 339th and Indian, It's hard not to get kicked out though.

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next year JB.. I am coming out there..:thumb:
I got plenty of room at my place for you and the family. You come out and we'll take you to the best Dunes (Glamis) in the world along with some local Arizona sites that you'll never forget.

-Johnny

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yo Johnny, Is this the same spot they call the tanks. being that it is behind the white tanks? I tried to look for it but never found the right place. When's the last time you guys where out there? We usually ride at 339th and Indian, It's hard not to get kicked out though.

It could be called the Tanks, but we just referred to it as the "PIT". My son and I started riding out there about 3 years ago before anybody knew about it. But you know how it is when you find a great place to ride, sooner or later everyone else will show up. It's to bad, like many places it turns into a dump because people are to F***ing lazy to pick their trash when their done.

Stayed tuned once the weather cools down alittle, my son and I ride alot up in Wickenburg and take small groups of 3 - 6 riders back in the hills to see some old mine sites that not many people who have lived in AZ even no about. Alot of history and cool things to see. Take a look at my other posts in this section.

-Johnny

·
Registered
211 Posts
I past by here this weekend coming back from glamis and I really want to go ride there. Its just a journey for me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We just took bell road until it turned into sunvalley prkway then took that till the 10. I might make a run there tomorrow (sunday). My co-worker should be there today and tomorrow.

·
KUNG FU SAND PANDA
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Around 11- 4 we will be out there on Sunday for the drags just south of the pit in the river bottom.

·
Registered
909 Posts
We have a blast out there but it always seems 2x as far as we remember it is to get there every time - lol.

I'm gonna have to come out to watch the drags some time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts